Soda Sale

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Corzhens • Sep 6, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am missing the sale of soda every summer. For a dozen you buy, you get 1 free. And since we buy Coke and Mountain Dew by the case (24 cans in a carton), can you imagine the bonus we get? Yesterday we got a carton each of my husband's Coke and my Mountain Dew. I felt like losing 4 cans. Worse, I spotted the sale in the family size section... 1 free for every 4 big bottles of Coke. But we don't buy the big bottles since we are not heavy drinkers.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Soda goes on sale frequently. It can be hard on the kidney's though and other parts of the body so we don't tend to buy too much of it. Around here, soda is frequently on sale as part of the holidays. It might especially be around during the summer holidays when people are having barbecues and parties.

3. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Soda is actually one of the most sold drinks in my country, we're one of the heaviest coke and soda drinkers worldwide, however, the Coca Cola company has lowered its production because of a lack of materials, it's quite bad to know, yes, but that's how we're living down here.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of soda, and I try to get it on sale when I can. Right now my car is in need of repair, so I don't drive to the grocery stores that I usually drive to that give the great discount prices on their store brand sodas. I buy from stores that are very close to me, but they don't have a large variety of store brands as far as sodas are concerned.

I usually only buy the 12 packs, but when my car is up and running properly again, I think I'll start buying cases like you wrote about here. The cases aren't too much more trouble to carry than the 12 packs, and buying by the case will mean less trips to the store for this type of thing.

5. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped buying so much soda a long time ago because of the tole it takes on your body, plus all the sugar is not good. I do stick with lots of sugar free kool-aid, and even the packs with sugar, it's much cheaper also.

I see soda on sale all the time at places like walgreens, they always have that deal that you mention.

6. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, during summer soda is kind of widely sold in my area. Some people even take part in different competitions in order to win the prizes. Usually, they collect cans or caps. I guess this really helps increase the sales. People just can't stay away from a different kind of advertisement.