soda stream

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gmckee1985 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    does anyone use one of these? ive been thinking about buying one for a while but i just don't know if its worth the purchase. i drink soda fairly regularly. is it worth buying this instead of just going to purchase 12 packs of regular soda? what's the difference? thanks in advance.

2. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    My aunt has one, and it makes pretty good carbonated juices. Plus, they are healthier because they have vitamins and fiber. If you ever buy one, try Lychee Juice :)

It doesn't come out cheaper when you do it this way, though, since, at least where I am, juice is more expensive than soda.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I bought one about a year ago and I am happy with it. I haven't gotten as much use out of it as I had hoped, but I am happy with the purchase.

If you are looking to buy one, I would wait until the holidays to do so. Most stores will run deals and you could save yourself a good amount of money. I bought mine around Christmas last year at Walmart.They were running a deal at the time. I received a $25.00 gift card for purchasing a SodaStream.

As for the SodaStream itself, I like it but I'm not in love with it either. It makes decent soda but some of the syrups can be too sweet for me. I would advise buying a sample pack before you buy full sizes of the syrups. My purchase came with two sample packs and each contained 12 flavors.

The Co2 canister is a good deal as well. Once yours is empty you can exchange it for a new one at many different stores. Instead of paying the full amount, you only pay half-price if you bring your old canister with you.

4. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    My step daughter bought one for my wife last Christmas. They are as great as their advertising and they do save a lot of money on flavored sodas. If all you are looking for is a carbonated water with a little lemon, it's even better. Almost the total cost of the drink is deferred. It's only about 10 cents per 16oz compared to $1.85 (in most stores).

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    No they are a waste of time in my opinion. I have used one and they are an interesting novelty, but not something that I would buy. I don't drink enough soda to make it a worthwhile purchase anyway. Perhaps if it was just a few pounds then I would, but it's just too expensive to justify.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm still on the fence about this product. If I do purchase it, I'll definitely wait until around the Christmas season to make that splurge. It seems to be getting mixed reviews most places I look. I think it'd probably be worth it in the long run, especially since the sodas made by sodastream are supposedly healthier than regular carbonated beverages.