Soda Stream

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kalasin • Aug 29, 2012.

1. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    I went to a friend of my son's about a year ago. They were raving about the Soda Stream maker. I drink about 10 sodas per week. Most of the people there said they liked it. Some were quite enthusiastic. I have to confess, it tasted just a little better than carbonated koolaid to me. I won't get one and would prefer to bring my own bottle if that's all they had at a party.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Although I am not a soda drinker I would still say that this is an amazing buy. I feel like its better to invest something now that you know you will be able to save money with down the road. I. This case you are saving a ton in my opinion so you should feel bad about spending a few hundred dollars if it means that two years from now you won't be buying something in the physical store.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My grandmother had one of these some 20 years ago or so, it was incredibly similar to the soda stream. She would keep telling us that it's exactly the same thing as the store bought cans, but boy it was not. The root beer was terrible. We would drink it and thank her but it was awful stuff. I would like to try the soda stream, I think it would save us money, but I am just to afraid it tastes like the old one. Not sure I want to risk a $100 investment on it.

4. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I've been considering purchasing one of these! Not only do I love soda and drink it almost nonstop (awful, I know) I also love regular carbonated/ sparkling water. It's so much better than regular water but it annoys me to have to actually buy bottled water when I want sparkling water. I've been hesitant about getting a soda stream because of the expensive initial cost but I think you've convinced me. I'll look more into it soon and hopefully I'll have one in a week or two! Yay for cheap soda!

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just to update my earlier post on SodaStream, I have one and I totally LOVE it ! It is simple to use, and you can add as much fizz to the drink as you want to, unlike buying pop at the store, and sometimes it barely has any fizz left at all.
    For health reasons, I seldom drink soda pop anymore and mostly as a special drink to accompany something like a pizza. However, I have learned to enjoy lemon water; so I can make sparkling water in the SodaStream, and then add my lemon or lime to that and have a great tasting drink at the same time.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have considered something like this at some time, but I think that I would end up trying to justify the purchase with buying more of the stuff than I actually drink. I could be wrong but maybe the cons are too much here, for me.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I was able to make healthier soft drinks with Soda stream. I make plain sparkling water. Then I flavor it with fruit juices and sweeten it with Honey or stevia. I started doing it when I run out of the free flavorings.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have wondered about this for some time, but I am not really sure what to make of the reviews. Everything I have seen has been geared towards kids which is fine, but I wonder if the taste is subpar.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    They have gone popular over the last few years and even though i don't own nor use one, a friend of mine always talks about it and how amazing it is.

10. annetam

annetamNew Member

Threads:
    This is a perfect way to save money. I`m thinking about buying it, course I`m really soda addict. I usually take it not less then twice a week

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You can make flavors on your own using the ingredients available. So if you know how to customize stuff according to your taste, You can make Sodas better than Coke or Pepsi.

At first they will give you free flavorings but once you run out , you can make original recipes.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another thing that I sometimes do with my SodaStream is to add fruit juice to flavor the carbonated water. With a SodaStream, you can only carbonate plain water, and then you add flavoring to it afterwards, whether you are using one of their commercial flavorings, or making up your own. Since we do not purchase the ones that are made to duplicate popular soda flavors, I add fruit juice when I want something different than just plain carbonated water.
    One really great way to do this without losing carbonation is by using a spoon of frozen juice concentrate, such as orange juice, apple, or even grape or pineapple juice. This adds just the flavoring and you do not need to add much to have a great tasting fruity drink this way.