Soda

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tulosai • Jul 9, 2012.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here drink soda? If so do you ever drink store brand soda? Do you find it tastes as good as the name brand Coke and Pepsi or not really? Does anyone have other tips for saving on soda? (I know it's unhealthy and am trying to cut down, but the fact is I do still drink it, so I figure tips can't hurt).

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I will buy store brand soda, and I think most flavours are as good as branded names. However, I've never found a generic cola that comes close to Coke or Pepsi. I'm trying to cut down on my soda intake too. I always buy the sugar free versions, but there are chemicals in them, so I lomit myself to a couple of sodas a day. I love sparkling water, and I'll often have that, either alone or with a little fresh orange, lemon or lime juice. It's very refreshing, and healthier than soda, as well as being cheaper.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried Kroger brand - it's nowhere near as good as Coke, but it'll do in a pinch. Other ones I've tried (such as Sam's Cola and Pubix) haven't proven to be as good, though.

4. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    I've always went for brand names when it comes to soda, for some reason I can never get myself to buy generic brand anything.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with soda, although nothing beats an ice cold soda on a really hot day (except beer, of course)

my favourite brands have always been anything and everything by Coca Cola.

I've been trying recently drinking a can of Cola one day then drinking a Pepsi the next, I still can't tell the difference!

Can anyone else?

5. alid1

alid1New Member

Threads:
    I love soda, although I no longer drink it. I miss drinking it, but I have found a good alternative. If you have a health food store, you can buy liquid stevia and mix it in carbonated water. It has zero calories! Stevia is a natural sweet herb, and it is a great sugar substitute. You can get different flavored stevia drops. I have root beer flavored stevia and vanilla creme. I put in 2 droppersful into my carbonated water, and it tastes like rootbeer and creme soda. So delicious. Nothing beats root beer and pizza. I don't have to miss out on soda with my liquid stevia.

6. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I drink soda...and I have dabbled with both nationally known brands as well as Kroger brand as well. I have a preference for the national brands, but the store brands are not bad. It's just a taste preference.

7. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I can definitely tell the difference. Pepsi tastes much sweeter to me, it is like a totally different drink. I may have to try this Kroger brand- I've never had it and if it isn't awful I may take the plunge. Thanks all!

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes still buy actual Coca Cola when I'm craving it. But most of the time I buy Walmart's store brand sodas for the low prices and unique flavors. They have a Walmart soda called Coconut Wave which is coconut/pineapple flavored and costs 64 cents for a 2 liter bottle. I also like their apple soda, peach lemonade, and cherry limeade all which are 64 cents for a 2 liter bottle.
    A 12 pack of Walmart cans of cola or imitation Dr. Pepper is $2.50 so I buy those too, but of course the cola isn't just like Coke. It tastes more like RC Cola to me.
    If you live in the south, Publix supermarket has good store brand soda that is cheap. I like their fake Mountain Dew and their fake Dr. Pepper.

9. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely can taste the difference and I do not like Pepsi. No matter how many times I try it, it tastes nothing like Coke to me.

I don't drink soda much, but I have tried most brands and kinds. I find the name brands just taste better. Maybe it's all in my head :)p) but I really don't like the store brand stuff much.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I said goodbye to soda for a long time now. It doesn't really contribute anything good to my diet nor to my health. I have thought of drinking just plain water or some fresh fruit drinks as its alternative.