Solar Lamp With 2 Years Warranty

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Oct 11, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend who is an electrical engineer told me that solar lamps are not that reliable yet regarding durability so they are not worth the cost. However, if the solar bulb has a warranty of 2 years then it is a guarantee to give you your money’s worth. The solar lamp is a good technology but the only problem is the battery which usually gives up before 6 months. I had an experience with a solar light that lasted only for a month and the battery went dead after that.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm.. I have a question regarding the type of battery yours use? Is it using, NiCd, Ni-MH, Li-Ion, or Lead Acid? When it comes to life span/life cycle, for me having the NiCd batteries on high luminant equipment like solar lamps is the best choice. I have a very good experience with NiCd batteries. I buy most of my portable high-powered tools that uses NiCd because they last longer than the other types. I've been using these equipments for more than that of the 3 year warranty plan I had with my tools. I can no longer count the years but I believe it's been about 5-6 years now. I found an article online that has a good benchmarking of these products. Please see link >

3. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    That's really odd. You'd like to assume that it wouldn't last less than two years given the warranty. Are you sure it's not something on your end? If not then it's not really beneficial to buy them for yourself.

4. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have a solar lamp that I have been using since a year and it still gives enough light to read a book. In the day time I put the lam under the sunlight. Sun recharges the lamp. At night I use the lamp to light my room. I paid $7 for this lamp. Our market is glutted with Chinese products which are really cheap.

5. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Warranty doesn't work in most items in my country but the products are cheaper. I bought a solar equipment for $15 and it's doing a great job. It has four bulbs that you can take to different rooms or just install at different positions in one room. It can charge multiple phones at once and the battery is light and can be used as a torch. It had no warranty but I've used it for three years and it has never dissapointed me.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am yet to uaw a solar lamp but if it works as what @Binu@Binu says than it's worth a try.

I have been needing a lamp and haven't seen anything solar in my area.

I was thinking of electrical but the electricity bill kind of puts me off so been postponing. Thia thread has helped me wing out my options. Thanks guys.