Solar Power

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by BestCrispAir • Apr 23, 2012.

1. mjmcomputer

mjmcomputerNew Member

Threads:
    That's just not true. Sure you might have more cloudy and rainy days the those of us in the Southwest and on those days a solar panel doesn't do much, but solar power isn't just about the sunny days. Solar power, energy from the sun, is the force behind wind and water turbines as well.

The northern Midwest would be perfect for a system that had solar panels as well as wind turbines. Add a battery bank and you could go 100% off grid. There are many people up there that already have.

2. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing that piece of information Mjmcomputer. I agree with you totally. In fact, most of Germany's energy comes from solar power, and they don't have much sunlight there either. In Jamaica, persons are gradually coming off the grid and are using wind turbines and solar panels. One house in Jamaica which was recently built is totally powered by solar energy.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I love solar power since I heard first of this alternative energy source back in the 1990s, time by which it was truly expensive, but today there are countless uses of solar power an the devices and solar cells have reduced their price significantly.

I mostly have solar lamps to substitute electric bulbs, but in my wishlist there are some other solar-powered items that I have seen in local stores including battery chargers, portable showers with solar heating systems, solar stoves, and wish I could find or build a solar plant to power my home.