Solution for dark under eye circles?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sinayat3 • Dec 7, 2012.

1. sinayat3

sinayat3New Member

Threads:
    I've always had a problem with really dark circles under my eyes. Even when I was in my teens I had them to some extent. Now that I'm a little older, they've gotten out of control and I cant seem to find anything that works. Anyone else have this problem and have they found a good solution to getting rid of them or at least covering them up good?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use Netrogena's concealer under my eyes. It covers well, and to don't need very much of it. That area of my face also seems to be dry, so I've always had trouble applying makeup products to that area.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't have any good advice for getting rid of them. I tend to have them no matter what my diet or sleeping habits are like.

As for how to cover them up, though, find yourself a really good concealer that is built specifically for the dark circles. You'll want it to be super light/more white-ish to counter-balance the color. Then apply your regular foundation or concealer over that. Make sure it's a light weight coverup stick that won't create creases under your eyes after a bit of time and it should layer fine.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Try using a couple of green tea bags over your eyes. I wouldn't recommend it if I haven't tried it.. for years I have had to deal with this problem and now that I have found the only thing that works for me I recommend it freely to everyone. Try it.
    Also try drinking at least two liters of water everyday and consume fresh fruits and vegetable.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few tricks. Cold spoons is one of the best ways. This really works if you have been crying a lot and wake up with swollen eyes. I also use Merle Norman's concealer. Just a few dabs under my foundation does wonders for me, and makes my droopy eyes look peppy again.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that whenever I get dark circles under my eyes, I haven't gotten enough sleep. This might be part of the problem for you as well?