Solution Ice Cream Maker.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Happyflowerlady • Jun 25, 2017.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have started making our own ice cream, since I am on a low-carb eating plan, and regular ice cream is not only high carbs and high calories; but it is also very unhealthy.
    So I found some good recipes online for making sugar-free low carb ice cream, and when we were at Sam's club, we found these little Zoku ice cream makers that make just a little bit at a time.
    The idea looked really great, you put the container in the freezer over night, and then you pour your ice cream mix into the frozen bowl, and start scraping the sides as the ice cream freezes.
    it cost about $25 for a set of two of these little gadgets.
    Well, today, we tried making ice cream, and they are definitely not easy to use. The ice cream froze right to the sides of the bowl, and there was no way to scrape it off. The ice cream in the middle we were able to eat, but it took us almost 20 minutes of bowl-scraping just to eat about 4 oz of the ice cream.
    I would definitely not recommend spending $25 on these at all.
    IMG_0626.JPG

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too look for low sugar, no sugar added and found to my surprise at Walmart a carton of 12 ice cream sandwich of 97% fat and no sugar added for at Honolulu 4.87!

[​IMG]

Safeway has their Lucerne ice creams with very good flavors that has low carbs like their Butter Pecan low carb low sugar ice cream. Dryer's has some ice cream low carbs and no sugar added too. Check your ice cream section of Walmart, Safeway or your favorite supermarket for Halo Top too. If you go to Halo Top's site you can find a store locator and check the nutrition of their ice cream flavors. So enjoy ice cream again. Halo Top is pricey though and I found Safeway has most of the flavors locally. Safeway has Halo Top on sale for 4.99 locally at times.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I usually make no churn ice cream recipes at home because I can't afford buying an ice cream maker, but this is very interesting since this ice cream maker is very compact. I can imagine all the recipes I can experiment with it.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We make our own ice cream as well and my favorite is the avocado ice cream. I don't use any ice cream machine or any additives whatsoever, I only put milk, heavy cream, condensed milk and whatever fruit or flavor I would like to then blend it, put it in the freezer and leave it overnight before serving :)

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    So there are places in the world where avocado is used as a dessert. Usually people use it as a mayonnaise replacement for sandwiches. This is very intriguing, Part of me wants to try it while part of me is creeped out since it is usually used for savory dishes like guacamole dip or Avocado Pesto.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yep! We've also tried using Avocados as mayonnaise or Shawarma dressing and it's delicious. You may try it but beware as you may find it addictive :D It's one of my favorite ice cream flavor and I never get tired of eating it everyday! So to satisfy your curiosity, go ahead and see for yourself :D

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I will try to add chocolate chips so I won't freak out. I always want to try something new and I grew up eating avocado with chicken and shrimp. Well I end up liking carrot cake so I will try this one and see what happens.

Recently I tried making sweet beans ice cream and I end up loving it.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew of anyone who made or sells avocado icecream and to me that is very interesting as I don't see avocado as a sweet dessert. I guess I will try it now and it seems to be healthier than store bought icecream of course. You also make it easily and fast and love the fact that icecream making machines are not necessary since I don't have one.