Somebody Had to Say This ... Isn't Christianity the Ultimate "Best Deal"?

Discussion in Hot Deals started by mythman • Apr 2, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I mean; no matter what you believe about 'life-after-death' (whether you'll just 'rest in the ground' or 'it's "Beam me up, Scotty" to the Candy-Land Castle-in-a-Cloud'), you have the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing your way is 'Paid-in-Full' (which is a closer translation of the words Jesus said just before He released His Spirit to His Father ... the words most translations render as "It is finished").

What other religion gives you that? Islam pretty-much just says 'be good, & maybe God-- pardon, I mean 'Allah' will feel like pardoning you for living' (not a Muslim, I might've gotten that wrong ... correction appreciated). Judaism ... I don't know, do they still run the sacrifice-system? where God (YHVH) pardons you if you pay Him off? (kinda the payment which Christians say Jesus is)?

And Buddhism ... well, Buddhism actually LEADS ME to Christianity! (That, and the fact that I was born into a Christian family) Buddhism literally means 'following the one who's (probably) going the right way.' And which way is more-right than the way to perfect rest that is fully-paid & given for FRE.E?

2. Bryan Cassidy

Bryan CassidyNew Member

Threads:
    While I agree I think that with a lot of traditional religions the focus is too much on the future. I prefer spirituality because it focuses on living this live and understanding the present moment more fully rather than focusing on specific behavioral patterns that we must do in order to go somewhere after we die. That said, I do like Christianity and agree that it's very comforting knowing that everything is taken care of.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Even Jesus-Himself commands us to "leave tomorrow (and tomorrow's joys-&-concerns) for tomorrow." Which is good, if you don't have to 'provide asurance for your own survival' tomorrow. But that's why people go to work---to 'provide asurance for tomorrow's survival' (in the form of 'money-earned').

And--as God makes us "Stewards of the Kingdom"--it's up to us to 'serve as Provider in His stead'---He gives us the power to provide asurance the survival of the Kingdom.

But "Reason" comes creeping in (as with Peter walking to Jesus on the water) & tells us that a) we're not going to personally be able to provide asurance forever & b) neither are the children we teach to become 'Stewards' after us. And 'Reason' also tells us that--like with 'common practices' we see-being broken & -ending today (like 'living with parents until marriage')--the ways we teach our children may be modified in their teaching their children, in their children's teaching their children, etc.

And I only go to church(es) for the fellowship there. But how can you have fellowship (in a 'forever' context) if you are not both headed to the same place?