Songs or Singers That Annoy You

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Aug 1, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm... Prince?
    I just don't like the way he looks.
    He looks weird. Look at that facial hair he's showing off. Is that supposed to turn on girls? His songs aren't even good. He's a wannabe Michael Jackson. Maybe he's the male version of Lady Gaga. Only, he's not entertaining.

Attached Files:

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    That LMFAO band or duo whatever they are. I really hate that hit song of theirs, what's that song name "I'm Sexy" or something? Anyways, I really hate that song and don't even get me started with the music video it's just, I hate it.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Not much since I don't really listen to the radio that much but I really don't like Paramore now specially Hayley Williams. Don't get me wrong she's very talented I just don't like how she's turning now, it doesn't seem like her anymore. I feel like their label is forcing her to be a Pop icon.

4. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Stupid, catchy songs that are gaining more and more popularity these days. And I hate their catchy-ness because they get stuck into my head, and I'm essentially singing the song I hate. But that's the purpose of it, so kudos to the producers.

Some examples: One Direction or 5 Seconds of Summer

Other than that I hate Bieber. But thank God, his songs don't get stuck in my head.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, your question would have to be turned around to "Which singers or songs do you like?", as most of the commercial music of today really annoys me. It's been a long time since I listened to music on the radio or watched any music channels on TV. To me it has all become too "homogenised", where new bands often try to rehash the style and songs of original bands of the past.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's true though. Kanye helped Taylor to be more popular after that stunt. I'm still mad at him for that haha.

The only thought that repeatedly goes in my mind is I wonder what Usher thinks of him now. He's his mentor. Surely he must be disappointed with everything that happened.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely cannot stand Counting Crows. That lead singers voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. There are so many bands from the 90's that got played to death on the radio that I cannot stand the lead singers voices - such as Goo Goo Dolls, 4 Non Blondes, Dave Mathews Band, Hootie & The Blowfish, etc... Even Eddie Vetters voice drives me nuts, though I think he's a nice guy and I respect the band and all.

I'm 38, so I really have no connection to the current younger pop acts. I will say Katy Perry's voice does drive me nuts, she sounds like she's reading from a Hooked On Phonics book or something, and over pronounces all the words in her songs. Anything with auto-tune I detest. And I'm sick of the wimpery, whiny, helpless underage schoolgirl vocals in a lot of these songs. Ever since Brittney Spears came on to the scene, all these teen singers keep emulating that stupid pouty whiny high "cutesy" pitched little girl voice. How come we don't get any cool female singers like Debbie Harry anymore?

To change directions, some other things that annoy the hell out of me, is the over-use of melisma in R&B songs. You don't need to cycle through 20 different notes to sing out one vowel. A lot of the younger singers do this, and it annoying and silly sounding. But even the older more established artists do it too. Patti LaBelle does it like crazy when she's singing live and she sounds awful - you can't even make out what song it is she's even singing.

When it comes to metal, I'm not a fan of the silly guttural growling nonsense. One of my current favorite metal bands, Mastodon, started out singing like this, and thank goodness they ditched that and started singing more normally on their newer records.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rappers like Li'l Wayne, 2 Chainz and Waka Flocka Flame irritate me endlessly. They pose as these "gangster" personas and act like they're tough and they're all that. They don't have that kind of street cred and we all know it. Besides, their raps are not good.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know that everyone else and their mother has said Taylor Swift, but I'm going to have to join the bandwagon and agree. I never liked her much, what with almost all of her songs being about a terrible relationship she had. How many terrible relationships can one have at age 23 (or however old she is)? Oh, and also she had this very odd transition from being a full-on Country singer to gradually adding more and more pop elements until she's practically not doing Country anymore. Funny thing is, now, she actually has an actual Pop album. I saw the music video for her "first official" Pop song, and that was horrendous. Something about it was like an old woman trying to "Get with the times". I don't find Taylor Swift cool or edgy whatsoever.