Sonic Drive-in

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cluckeyo • May 29, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    After a long day of shopping in the city, nothing tastes better than water. I have a 30 minute drive to get home and on my way out of town, there is a Sonic Drive-In. I always stop there and get a humongous cup full of ice cold water with fresh lemons. It costs me 54 cents. They are generous with the lemons and they bring it out very fast. You can pay with your credit card right from the car window. It's a nice bargain which I thoroughly enjoy!

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    A first I thought to myself it was costly to pay for water but after calculating I realize it's pretty much the same price you'd pay for bottled water and this does indeed sound like a way better alternative since you could even get a hey amount of lemon slices with it. Too bad we don't have a sonic here though to be honest if it were me I'd be probably be tempted to just get one of the sweet drinks. Having this alternative is great though especially on hot days where water is really what would be best instead of a sugary beverage.

3. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Well this is actually a lot cheaper than most bottled water. However I don't know that this could be a good solution to get me to drink more water, because I am all about those Lemon Berry Slushes at Sonic, they have a magnetic pull! I love to get them during Sonic's happy hour, it's a great deal, but I have to be careful not to get them too often or it's way too much sugar for me.

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    When I lived in Missouri, I was simply addicted to Sonic's drinks, particularly Cherry and Strawberry Limeade. It was kinda pricey since I went so often, but I found out that most Sonic's have drink "happy hour" where they are half-price. Our Sonic used to have their happy hour from 2PM-4PM every weekday.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Sonic, but the way to get a bargain is to go after 8pm, where some of the meal prices are reduced. Also their Happy Hour specials are good. I can't go to Sonic too late as there is not one close to my house, but I have on occassion. I am more likely to go there for Happy Hour which is a really great benefit in my opinion.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We're going to get our first

so I can hardly wait for it. Though Sonic is going to open in 2018, far away from now it is something to look forward to! The water going home sounds so refreshing too!