Sonic Has Really Gone Downhill With Their Drinks !

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 25, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have always loved stopping by the closest Sonic drive-in fast food place and getting one of their limeades. I like the cherry diet limeade, and Bobby usually gets one with strawberry in it.
    The limeades always came with one whole lime cut in half and squeezed , plus mine also had cherries in it.
    About a year ago, they stopped putting in the cherries and you had to ask for them. One time, they even wanted to charge me extra for the cherries !
    Anyway, we have not been there much this year because the half-price drinks are only from 2-4, and we are usually busy at home during those hours.
    But, yesterday, we had been to the fitness center and were on the way home, and since the weather is SO hot, we stopped by for a liimeade.
    Neither one of them even had any lime in them, let alone the cherries ! We didn't even get a receipt for the purchase, which usually has the phone number to call and report these kinds of omissions to the manager of that store.
    I guess that I will look online and try to report it there. Has anyone else had this experience, or it it just our Sonic that has gone downhill this bad ? ?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to Sonic that often, but I do love it. Their ice cream and milkshakes are delicious. I haven't ordered the limeade for awhile so I am not sure what they are doing with it, in my area. The Sonic that is here is not very close to me, so I don't get their very often. The next time though that I am getting a drink like that though...I am going to the Dairy Queen because they have a Happy Hour special too, and their frozen drinks start at a 1.00.

3. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    We used to have a Dairy Queen down the street; but it closed. Then it opened as a Frizzle's for a while , which is almost like Dairy Queen.
    Now it is Mexican food; but not very good Mexican food, and expensive for a drive-in.
    The Sonic is not that far away, and we drive past it on the way back from the Fitness center; but we usually go past too early for the happy hour discount.
    There is another one down the other direction, and we pass that if we go to Harbor Freight; but now that we had the bad experience with this one, I am wondering if all of them have changed the recipe for the limeades and are no longer adding real limes and other flavors.
    There is also a Frizzles down that direction, and when we do stop, we usually go to Frizzles. On Tuesday and Thursdays, they have Senior Specials, and you can choose any of the childrens meals at $2.99 each. We have the cheeseburger deluxe, which comes with fries, drinks, and ice cream dessert.
    For under $3, that is a pretty good deal ! !

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I think Sonic is going downhill in general. They don't warm up any of their hot dog buns and their burgers do not have fresh veggies. I try to avoid eating there.

5. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I have not had anything at Sonic besides the diet cherry limeades in a couple of years. They used to have a $1 hamburger special, and my friend Evelyn and I often went to Sonic and had the half-price drinks and one of the dollar burgers. Those were always pretty good.
    I noticed that Sonic is now offering a $5 special with a cheeseburger, any choice of hot dog, fries/tots, and a drink. That seems like a pretty good deal for the money; but way too much food for me to eat and not worth spending the $5 on if it ends up being fed to the dogs or just thrown out instead of eaten. Maybe if Bobby and I shared it; but he could eat the whole special by himself.
    If we try it, then we could see if they do a better job with the burgers than they do with the drinks.
    I did email Sonic from their website and tell them about the terrible limeades that we had and asked them if they had stopped using real limes now, or if it was just that one Sonic.
    They wrote back and said they were sorry that I had a bad experience and would forward the complaint on to the manager.
    End of story . So , I guess they do not even care if their food is lousy anymore.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have the money for treats right now, but when I do, I stop there after 8 for their half price after 8 shakes/malts. I have gotten their strawberry limeades in the past, and I always thought they were a bit chintzy with the fruit. I have also gotten them at Dairy Queen and I agree, they are usually much more generous with the fruit and also seem to have more of a variety.

I don't know if all of the Sonic locations are corporate, or if all or some are franchises, but that might be something to explore. If they are a franchise, you could contact corporate, because usually corporations set the way things are done, and if one or a few locations are cutting corners in that manner, it could reflect negatively on the corporation, so they might step in and correct it. If it's corporate policy to minimize or eliminate the fruit, I don't think that's a good move.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    The drinks are the only thing I really like about Sonic. Love all the different varieties and flavors they come up with. Much more choice than any other fast food place, at least until the Coca Cola remix machines started popping up in most new fast food places. I haven't noticed any decline at my Sonic. I rarely go there, but I'm always satisfied with my experience. Good choices, good prices. Especially when in factor in the half price happy hour specials.

8. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    II don't know if it is just the Sonic near us; or if they have all deteriorted this much. We used to go and have hamburgers there every now and then, and they weren't the greatest; but they were at least acceptable.
    We have been seeing the advertisements for the Sonic Boom Box, and they make it look really great in the ads; so today we had to go to the hardware store, which is right close to Sonic, and we decided to try the Boom Box.
    Well........ It was AWFUL ! ! !
    Never again are we apt to go to ANY Sonic for ANYTHING , period. The food was cold, the hambrger were cold, the hotdogs were cold, the French fries were barely warm.
    There was almost nothing on the hot dog, and we ordered the spicy bacon cheese chile dog. There was no visible cheese, a brown streak that must have been supposed to be the chile, and nothing that even looked or tasted like bacon.
    Good thing it had jalapeños on it; because otherwise, it was just a dinky little hot dog that was lost in the almost bare bun.
    Truly, I fed most of mine to the dogs. So, once again, I am going to go to their website and let them know just how disappointing their food is.
    From now on, we are going to stick with the hamburgers at Frizzles when we go out for burgers !