Sony Vegas Alternative?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Gmac9100 • Mar 22, 2014.

1. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of video recording, and editing with Sony Vegas. The problem is the new version of the software cost $154. I was wondering does anyone know of any cheaper, or free alternatives? I simply do not have $154 in my budget to spare right now.

Any suggestions will be greatly Appreciated.

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest Cyberlink PowerDirector 12. I was lucky enough to have it pre installed on my Compaq laptop and it's amazing! If it's not pre installed, I'd say buy it new. Last time I checked the price it was solidified right around 50 to 75 bucks! Believe me that's really not much considering all that the program has to offer. I've used Vegas before in the past and I'd say you'll be more than satisfied with PowerDirector if you decide to give it a try. Happy editing!

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, there's iMovie for you, its cheaper and is very easy to use, although it doesn't have as much features and tools as Vegas but you're just gonna do some basic editing like cutting and sequencing then you'll b fine with it. Power Director is also a great alternative, I mean , I never used it personally, but my friends use them in their business and they're outputs turn out to be quite nice. Or you can go for a subscription of Adobe Premiere Pro CC, i personally use Premiere for all my video editing and I really like it.

4. thephantom638

thephantom638New Member

Threads:
    You have quite alot of options- some of the popular ones include, like the above posts state iMovie and Powerdirector 12. Another really good alternative that I personally use is Adobe Premier CS6- it works really well and you can use it to make either simpler or quite advanced videos, and the learning curve isn't as high/steep as other Adobe programs, but its abit pricey, unfortunately (an insane $750 XD). However, the best two that I can suggest are Corel Videostudio (around $60) and Cyberlink PowerDirector (around $70).