Spa Treatments

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by May102014 • Aug 4, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Are you a fan of going to the spa? I've been a few times but not as often as I would like due to money issues. I love going to the spa for facials, massages, waxing and more. If I have a few extra bucks I'll get my hair done as well. I love going to spas because I get to relax and have a peace of mind. I typically go by myself just to be at ease with the entire experience. I don't take a friend because I always have to pay for part of their treatment. Anyway, what are your opinions on spas?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I do love to go to the spa for massages. They do relax me and for awhile after too. I don't get them done much just because of the price but its a nice treat when I do. I love to get mani/pedis too but I just get those done at a nail salon.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think spas are great places to get away from it all for a while. Treating yourself every so often to a good massage, facial or other body therapy can only benefit your health and wellbeing. There was a place where I used to go once every month for reflexology treatments, and it was truly heavenly to lie back in a comfortable chair, surrounded by the scent of essential oils and relaxing music, while a sympathetic guy was alleviating some of my pains by working on my feet. But, unfortunately, I had to move on, and haven't found an affordable replacement yet.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to try going to one since I'm not a "spa" kind of girl in general, and especially now that I'm on a budget going to one is definitely not on my mind. But when my budget allows me to pamper myself, then I will definitely go to one in the future.

5. Judijune

JudijuneNew Member

Threads:
    I have been going to get massages, facials, etc. for years. I am in my 70's and retired, so I have the time...no kids, and a little spare coin for what I feel is necessary for my mental & physical health. I live in So. Cal. And we have lots of places that offer memberships. For a fixed rate per month, you get a one massage, and if you want additional ones, they are discounted. I like it. I have been to the spas in Vegas, and the ones in high-end hotels. They are nice, but I don't like to travel much anymore, so, close to home is just as good.
    I prefer a woman masseuse, but I have had great results with men, too. :)

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy spas but I would rather spend my money elsewhere. I like to try new restaurants or go see concerts or shows so a good chunk of my disposable income goes to that. Also, with the exception of a massage, I can do quite a few of these spa treatments at home. (Not like I'm an expert or anything but so many tools and treatments are sold at Sephora, Ulta etc. that you can turn your bathroom into a mini spa.)