Special dates for pets

Discussion in Pets started by Gelsemium • May 28, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recall once when the dog from my uncle had a birthday they gave him a whole roasted chicken (it was a big dog lol) and that was impressive for me, seeing the dog eating that! :D

Do you guys know when is your pet's birthday? If you do know do you celebrate those days and offer them "gifts" or is it just a regular day?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I knew Lily's birthday. Anyway, we've always celebrated Rocky's by eating an ice cream cake. I know that sounds silly when he can't eat it but it gives me an excuse to have the only kind of cake I'll eat. To be fair though, I try to be more attentive to him and possibly play with him but we don't really do anything special other than that. I do know that dogs are very intelligent but I don't know if they're aware of their birthday.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I know my cat's birthday and always throw her a little party, I even have a mini celebration for her half birthday. I've always done this for my pets, I think it's fun and sweet to take a special moment for them. I don't know if they can tell what's going on, but I think all pets enjoy a little extra love and attention.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never and don't think I ever will throw my puppy a birthday party. It's not that I'm stingy. I just don't see the point since I see to it that he enjoys every single moment we spend together. Everyday. It's a lot better than a one-time party that doesn't even last a day.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds silly, but my dog has a birthday, it is the day we got her that we use as her birthday and she gets osme treats and toys from the pet store. At Chrismas we buy her doggy stockings and she has he very own small Christmas dinner! :)

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    We have few dogs and cats and none of us remember their birth date :D They all eat like crazy everyday so it seems like they are having a party everyday :D

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I knew when is my pet's birthday, but I don't, because my cat was just given to me when he was 8 months old. I do have a rough estimate of what month he was born, but I don't know the exact date. It would be nice if I knew, so that I can "greet" him and I can celebrate it with him by buying him something "special".

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I celebrate the "birthdays" for my pets, even if I don't know where it was born I know the date when I got it, so I celebrate that date. I think it's good to do something special with the pet, for example saying (lol), it's your birthday, here's a treat or if not a treat we just take him to do what he prefers, something we know that makes him happy.

9. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's not bad either, if we don't know the exact birth date we can celebrate any other date. I think animals, almost as much as people, feel the affection we have for them, so treating them well will result in that they have affection for us as well. If they do understand what going on though, I doubt it, I don't think that they can understand that we are giving a party in their honor. :)