Specials Days And Promotional Gimmicks

Discussion in Misc & Others started by moondebi • Feb 17, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Valentine Day, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day.... there come many ‘special days’ in a calendar year. It might sound primitive, but I was not aware of many such ‘special’ days even few years back.

Come on! How many days you could remain oblivion when your surroundings are all geared up! All the malls, gift shops, restaurants, hotels, confectionaries, newspaper get flooded with promotional gimmicks. These occasions thus become strategic tools for the businesses to sell their services.

Do you spend bucks on these days?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Due to a low income, I rarely spend money on these days. Nonetheless, I'm well aware that many good deals can be had, especially on Black Friday. In fact, it would be a wise decision to do Christmas shopping on Black Friday, so you can get the gifts you really want to give without breaking your budget.

Anyhow, the logic regarding these special days is simple. Basically, it revolves around the fact that things might be cheaper, but people are buying way more stuff. It's also the same logic used with coupons.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend money on these days since I think they are just for the retail industry to make money. You don't have to spend money on someone to show them that you care about them. Do something nice for them any day of the year. The person will appreciate you more if you do something they aren't expecting for them. I have never really liked that there are all of these special days that you supposed to get someone flowers or candy.