Spending More Money for Organic Clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SpringBreeze • Dec 6, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Are you willing to spend more money for organic clothes? What do you think about the prices for organic clothing? Is this the wave of the future?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I won't really spend more for organic clothing since the normal ones are ok enough for me. But if ever a certain piece of organic clothing catches my eye, then that's the only time that I'll buy one.

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen organic clothing, but to answer your question, no, because I don't care out organic clothing. I think the clothes that I shop for now are just fine. I buy clothing when I like the look and the comfort of them. That is all I care about. If I see some organic clothing that looks and feels nice, then I would buy it.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen any organic clothing either. However buying organic clothing is something that is really out the question for me. I can't see myself wearing any organic clothing as it does sit right with me.

5. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I heard that certain clothes that are not "organic" are sprayed with chemicals which help make them less flammable. These chemicals however cause are not good for anyone, especially children. I decided I should at least put my son in clothes that are organic during bed time. This way the 10-12 hrs he is sleeping I know he is not breathing those harmful chemicals in.

Do you guys still think buying organic clothing is a pointless? I once thought the same thing until I found this out.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually my first time to learn about organic clothing that I have to google it. :) Where I'm from, clothes are manufactured the same way for many years. All my three kids grew up wearing these clothes and grew up normal. However, If I can afford it and if these type of clothes are available in my area then I'll definitely buy and try it. =)

7. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    I'd rather spend money on fair trade clothing as this ensures a fair price for those who actually make the clothes. I think organic clothes will be the future, at least for the better off, but I think for it to become mainstream prices will have to greatly reduce....unless you have the money, there's no incentive to buy them.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    While I'm perfectly willing to spend more on organic food, I really see no point of buying "organic" clothing. I do have a few shirts made out of bamboo/cotton blend material, but nothing beyond that. I never really saw the point of it?

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If it's more expensive then I won't buy it, or at least I wouldn't just because it is organic. I can understand if people are buying organic food since they are putting it into their bodies, but for something that you just wear, I don't think it's entirely necessary unless you are the type of person that is really concerned about being green and environmentally conscious.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why would anyone want to spend more for organic clothing? From my point of view, I'd rather spend money on organic food than clothing made from raw materials. It's not that I refuse to support artists who venture out into this type of fashion but I prefer fabric clothing - the usual clothes we wear on a daily basis. I find them comfortable and itch-free.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My answer to that question is a resounding NO. I think the very idea is just ludicrous, to be honest. I've heard of these clothes before but never actually seen them, I don't know where they stock them. I believe they're hideously expensive clothes, but if I were to bet my bottom dollar; they are probably equally as hideous lol But on a serious note, even if they were gorgeous clothes; I wouldn't seek them out. I'm ok with just normal clothes.

12. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend my money on organic food -- stuff that goes direct into my body ad my system -- so I see really no reason I'd want to spend money on organic clothes!

I think something that is worth spending more on is good quality, fair trade clothing, instead of us not caring that the clothes we buy come from underdeveloped countries where children labour and very bad salaries are the norm.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've yet to see proof that anything organic is so much better that it's worth two or three times the normal price. So, I guess that's a no. I would also be careful about making sure that the products you're paying extra for are certified organic. Lots of stuff says organic, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Too many advertisements and labels say what people want to hear, yet are unproven. Buyer beware.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What's with organic clothing anyway? Why is it organic? Are they made from organic plant materials? I am wondering as it appears like every product that we have can now be tagged organic. I only used to know that only fruits and vegetables are organic, and that wasn't quite a long time ago. I understand why they are organic, not the same case with other items.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know there are chemicals in some materials which can be harmful to some people. Some people try to wear more natural materials like cotton to avoid the chemicals and dyes in some materials. There is a material that I can not wear because the chemicals in the material smell bad on my body. If I have to pay more for clothes to avoid materials like the one that makes me smell bad yes I will do that.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All this "organic" stuff is getting to be a little ridiculous. Why do people wear clothes? For warmth, because they're not allowed to walk around naked, etc. Anything that can cover you up, keep you warm, etc can be used as clothing. "Organic" therefore is but a marketing gimmick to make suckers think they'll be healthier/safer if they buy organic clothes.

Since I'm sure prices of said "organic" clothes would be rather forbidding, I never will buy them.