Split Shipping On One Order

Discussion in Online Shopping started by AngelicDevilTel • Mar 18, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    So I recently made an order through Walmart.com; it wasn't a huge order, just 5 items. The order got split up in the shipping process though. I made the order on the 11th and it was split into 3 shippings 1 with UPS, 1 through FedEx Smartpost (shipped through fedex and delivered by USPS) and the last one through Fedex.

The first one I got on the 13th, it was estimated to be delivered the 16th
    The second one I received today, it was estimated to be delivered tomorrow
    The last one I will be getting tomorrow according to the tracker, which is the day I was supposed to get it.

I'm actually not a big fan of my orders being split up but I guess since the orders are coming from different stores it just has to be that way? I think about what if I were to need the product sooner and they were all split up and won't come on the same day.
    Do your orders get split up during shipping? Are you okay with it?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Understanding how retail works makes it easier to understand it's the best way, otherwise you have have to do them all as separate orders. To make it viable and cost effective they have to have different fulfillment centers. It doesn't bother me as long as they charge me a flat rate. Some companies don't charge a flat rate and it costs you more.