Spooon! Are You Anxious for the Return of "The Tick"?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mythman • Sep 2, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the Saturday-morning cartoon (and heard about the brief live-action series) in my youth, but now I hear that

!

I'm 'of two minds' on this news: the optimist in me Sees the way comic-book movies are going & thinks it's about time for a superhero-sitcom; the pessimist reminds Amazon Studios of the audience-size of the FIRST The Tick live-action and also mentions that 'serious' superhero-films have plenty of comic-relief in them anyway (Guardians of the Galaxy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.; according to the previews, 'comic-relief' is practically ALL THAT THEY ARE!)

How do you think it'll pan out? I mean; coming from Amazon Studios, it'll NATURALLY be available for Amazon Kindle. And I hope they also offer it in syndication.

And how do you think it'll be received? I'm thinking like a 'live-action FUTURAMA or -Family Guy."

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon is serious about making movies. I believe they'll release the movie like any other major studio and then sell the digital version later exclusively on Amazon.

I think, owing to The Tick already having a fan base [of some sort], the movie might be a success. But it's best to wait and see what happens.

p.s By the way, Amazon [in terms of acquisition (of stories)] preferred to get stories on their site from anyone and then they'd pick whichever of them was the best and make the movie. I'm going to try it sometime. Who knows? I could be the next successful Amazon Screenwriter.