Sports To Save On Health

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I believe there are more and more people doing sports because doctors tell them to and in fact this makes me think, wouldn't it be wise from us to start doing that before doctors actually told us to?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, do we really need to be told to exercise? We all know it's beneficial to health and it's something that everyone should be incorporating into their daily lives. We don't necessarily have to play a sport - walking for 20 minutes, three times a week is sufficient to start with.

I think that maybe if we exercised more, we'd need to see the doctor a whole lot less.

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    It is very sad that in a lot of cases, it takes a doctor telling someone they're very unhealthy for them to get motivation to exercise. We should all already be getting exercise. I was so glad we put my daughter in soccer this year because we would practice together as a family every other day and that required a lot of running around and it was also really fun. We also like to go on walks as well. My daughter will do workout videos with me too. It's not only that but we need to be eating healthy too. It's a perfect balance that needs to be set in place for us all. It's something we need to have the will power to do if we truly care about our health, which we should.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think anyone can benefit from learning to love sports at an early age, unfortunately it's not something all parents are interested in so it doesn't get passed on to everyone. My parents aren't really into sports and apart from playing a bit of basketball with my cousins when I was younger I never really got into it myself either. My brother also has no interest in it and I can see his kids preferring video games over outdoor activities, and as much as I'd like to get them more into it to break the cycle I don't know how to make them interested in something I'm personally not interested in so it's a little tricky.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely so - prevention is always the better option and particularly so where our health is concerned.

So yes - as physical inactivity is known to be one of the primary causes of well over 30 chronic diseases - I totally agree that exercising regularly from as early on in life as possible is one of the best ways - along with eating a healthy balanced diet - of investing in our health - not just for now but for in the future too - as not only can regular exercise help prevent the onset of many chronic diseases that generally appear around middle age - but as it also helps maintain agility, improves our mood, boosts energy levels and helps us deal with stress better - its very definitely the best insurance against chronic illness.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish more doctors told people how to prevent disease instead of waiting for it to happen so they can write prescriptions. Anyone who has a doctor telling them to exercise and eat better, has a keeper. But please don't forget the eating part.. in my opinion it's the number one thing anyone can do to get healthy and maintain.. exercise a close second, but equally mandatory.

7. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Playing sports is a great way to get exercise at any age. Also, it provides the added benefits of teamwork and can contribute to tour social life as well. For example, I know a few adults who play on an adult softball league. They do it for exercise and it is a fun way to connect with other people with similar interests. For kids, sports are a great way to get exercise in their daily routine, and also helps them to learn the importance of teamwork, how to follow rules, and provides them with connections to other kids. In my area, there are annual little league baseball and softball leagues, soccer leagues, and football leagues. Kids can even be signed up for lessons in swimming, tennis, dance, etc. in order to keep them active.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think as long as you have a partner to exercise with table tennis or badminton would be a great way to exercise. It doesn't cost much to buy the equipment.

Another way to play sports if you can't find partners or don't have one is to be a volunteer coach in the school that's closest to where you live. It won't cost you a dime.