SportsDirect.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gelsemium • Oct 6, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I made my first purchase at Sportsdirect.com and I was very well impressed. They have lots and lots of products, great prizes and the site works really well, so way better than enter store after store... Anyone bought there?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sports Direct have a number of stores over here in the UK. I am not sure that they exist in the US, or in any other country. But I have been to many. They sell a good number of products but they are not tacky with it. I got my last pair of headphones from there, and they were some of the best headphones I have ever had. Plus they were red. I recently broke them, and have been looking around for another pair. But the next time I go to town, I'll just get myself another pair. Love this shop. Have gotten trainers and lots of sporting clothes from here. The store used to be called Soccer Sports, for some reason though.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the store, it has a good selection of luggage at discount prices too. The best value socks are here and also dri-flow t-shirts. It's one of the only places to get Russell Athletic sweats which I like. Their big shoppers 50p are good as laundry bags and worth buying. I use them as storage bags too as they have a velcro handle which makes them more secure.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    I forgot to mention the bags. How could I forget to mention the bags?

When I was in secondary school, many of the students in my year and in lower years would purchase things from sportsdirect just to get the sturdy bags. They were drawstring bags mostly, and students would use these bags for school every day.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Now that you mention that Dreek, I realized that we have at least a sports direct shop here near where I live, but I never went there, it's not usually in the places I go. Either cases, I am still waiting for my package to arrive, I hope it's all good!

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    You have never been to a store? I thought you had been to one. I can only then assume that you purchased your products online, or someone from your family purchased something for you from the store? It is such a great store. Despite selling a lot of different products, the stores are always tidy and you know what you are doing and where you are going. They have an upstairs and a downstairs.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've never actually been to a store either, my only contact has also been with the website, but I've gotten a few items there and I've always been very satisfied. (I'm not in the UK)
    I've gotten a gym bag and also a pair of trainers just last June and they are both great!

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Oh well that makes sense. The website doesn't look all that good to me. The store is better. But any avenue will do when you want that pair of sneakers/trainers right? ;) I live in the UK, and my sister has ordered off of their website a few times. She lives here too. she ordered offline because she was too lazy to go into the store.

9. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I never made a purchase through their website, but there's a store where I live, and I love it!
    Great sport products, and even some nice clothes.
    I've bought a mouthpiece, a gym bag, hand wraps, some running shoes, and probably some other stuff I can't remember right now.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    See? Proof that they sell a wide variety of stuff. They even sell shoes such as sandals for the beach and whatnot. Just a great store. They really should start to pay me for endorsing this store shouldn't they? Lol. They sell wrist bands and everything. The only thing is that there re a lot of young men who work in the store, and sometimes you will lose a reserved product due to them not communicating properly, which can be annoying. But most of the time they are great.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, I bought it online, to be honest until a few days ago I didn't even knew that it was a physical store, I thought they existed only online. Either cases, my ordered haven't arrived yet and a week has already passed, so I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow.