Ssd Is Not Tested Yet

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Jul 2, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was talking to a technician yesterday and one topic is the SSD - solid state drive - as an alternative to the usual hard disk drive. The SSD is much more expensive so it is a big investment. The tech said that the SSD is attractive because it has no moving parts unlike the disk drive but there are cases that the SSD suffered corrupted data. To be honest, I am considering the SSD but now I am hesitating.

2. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well they are not that expensive in comparison to HDD, and in regards to your statement on lost data, it's not as frequent as you might think and the positives of using an SSD weight out the negatives by a huge margin.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think SSD may have good performance but a lot of things about SSD does not make sense. For example, you can't have page file on SSD. You don't have to do defragmentation for SSD. You can see that small things like this add up for SSD. But so far nothing new from what I have heard about SSD. I guess in future things may changes. SSD Seems to be a good option for those who have money but performance wise I learned nothing new.

4. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    SSD has been really great so far. In fact, most vendors recommended it to me when I was searching for parts to build my desktop. I love my sweet boot up time (less than 20 seconds). Games installed on SSD also loads quite fast which is important for me as an online gamer. The speed difference compared to a normal HDD is really apparent.