St. Patricks Day Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by amynichole318 • Mar 15, 2014.

1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Well it's St. Patrick's day again, almost and I was wondering about good movies. We don't do anything to celebrate, never have and probably never will. But, growing up my dad always watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People and I just loved that movie. It was so fun, the banshee was so scary to me back then but it was my favorite part of the movie, that and Sean Connery singing, a song I sing to my children ( there Dad is 50% Irish, and there Grandpa is 100% Irish), anyway, I always sang that song to my kids cause it's just a nice little diddy.

Today I watched a movie I had never seen before, Leprechauns Revenge. I had not seen this one, I have seen all the others, not impressed however they are pretty funny, that little troll of a leprechaun! I just love him! He is so nasty! Anyway, they actually went a different way in this movie, the same nasty troll like leprechaun I first met when I first saw Jennifer Aniston ( that's right folks, her first movie was the first Leprechaun movie). I digress. This one had Billy Zane, you know the really good looking one from Titanic in it. Anyway, it was different than the rest of the leprechaun movies, don't get me wrong, in no way was this a good movie, but it's a step up on there special effects anyway.

I have the movie Leprechauns, but it is so boring it never ends. It just drags on and on and on and....well, you get my point.

I am looking for a good family movie about leprechauns or St. Patrick's day, or Ireland, well, okay, I am really wanting leprechauns that don't kill movie to watch with my kids. Anyone have a great one that is good for 5-12 year old's that is not boring? I love Darby, but my kids think it's boring. Any ideas?