Staples K-Cups Deal - Do you buy from Staples?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 30, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought food items from Staples before, have you? Currently, they are having a deal on their K-Cups. Look for brands like Newman's Own, Green Mountain, and Donut Shop varieties. When you buy a quantity of two the price drops as low as .37 cents each. Not too bad for a cup of coffee! It is reported that you cannot mix and match. It looks like it works with online shopping. Add code: 29468 at checkout. The entire box will end up being 10.99 as opposed to 12.99

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use k-cups because I think it's too expensive. It's good if you're in a hurry and don't know how to make your own coffee but it's much more affordable to keep ground coffee in an air tight container and use it as you need. You really pay for the convenience with k cups and the machine. I prefer to buy higher quality coffee and save money by using my own coffee maker of french press.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been debating switching over to these for some time now. I've seen reports from people who did the math on these and you are typically paying around $50 per pound for coffee when you buy them in these little cups, which is cheaper than going to Starbucks but still way more expensive than the traditional methods of brewing coffees at home.

My problem is I live alone, and I often waste a lot of coffee when I am brewing pots of it, so I'm sure that's equally as bad. I've tried brewing only half pots with half the amount of water and coffee, but they don't taste as good. If I brew a whole pot, I end up feeling compelled to drink more than I am really in the mood for, giving me the jitters and sending me to the bathroom every few minutes.

So I figure perhaps in cases such as mine, I might actually be saving a little by just brewing an occasional pod or two each day, rather than a whole pot. Another option I am considering is one of the smaller Farberware electric percolators, they make a smaller one that does 2-4 cups. Their larger models make fantastic rich coffee with no need for paper filters at all.