Starbucks Blondie Roast

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Feb 5, 2013.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried Starbucks new coffee called Blondie? I saw a commercial for it and saw something about it online. It's supposed to be less intense than their bold coffee. I like their specialty drinks, but I've always stayed away from the plain coffee because I thought it was too bold.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Starbucks products. This chain of coffee shops was installed in my country some years ago and is slowly increasing his popularity. I think in my country branches are the classics (those that are repeated in all locations of the world) and some variants of national origin. I don't know if that variety is unique to the United States or its incorporation into the "stable staff" of cafes is worldwide. Blondie is a promising name and we can almost feel the taste of that variety, stimulating the senses of those who enjoy a good coffee. I'll find out more in the Starbuck near my house, but I sense that only a U.S. launch. :p

3. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Is this the new coffee you saw in the commercial?

I haven't tried the new Starbucks coffee yet, but it sounds interesting because I'm really not into very strong or bold coffee flavors. This might work for me. :D Thank you for the heads up!

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, this is the right one. I recently went to Starbucks and picked up a box of this in k-cups for my Keurig machine. For those of you who enjoy coffee, but don't like very dark, very heavy, or very intense flavors will really love the blonde roast. It's a plain, lighter coffee - no crazy flavors. I really enjoy it and I think of it as tea-like, in that it's definitely not just water, but I can easily drink a lot of it throughout the day.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of it but I think I might check it out next time I am at Starbucks, I love coffee, but sometimes the stronger coffee has a bitter taste to it. I think I would like to see how that one tastes!

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I like the new blonde roast, because it's closer to how coffee would taste if I brewed it. Although, the thing I like about the darker roasts is that the fact that they're so intense makes it easier to share (pour into two cups and top off with milk or hot water). Once they're diluted, they're okay. But if I'm by myself and I just want one cup, the dark is too intense for me, and the blonde is perfect.

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's from the commercials. I thought they'd have it brewed in the shop, but the one I went to only had it for sale to brew at home. I don't know if they're all that way, but I was bummed. I didn't want a whole pound. What if it's still to strong? I'll see if another store brews it.

8. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried the new Starbucks coffee called Blondie, yet. I'm not that much of a coffee drinker anyway and when I do sometimes have it I always go for the mild version as it can play havoc with my digestive system. I only started drinking it a few years ago so that might be why.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    No, I've not tried it yet. I actually haven't been to starbucks at all in a bit :(. But I tend to like stronger roasts, so I'm not sure I'd enjoy it so toned down.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    No they're not all that way. In my town every starbucks has them brewed, right next to the dark and "pike" blends. It's a possibility that it's just not a hot selling product in your town though.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a coffee drinker, but the Starbucks near me brews the blonde roast. The name is unusual so I asked about it. It's fairly popular at the Starbucks near me too.