Starbucks coffees?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JessiFox • Sep 26, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to Starbucks (don't really love the price, though) but I've honestly been pretty disappointed with most of their products you can buy in the store. What do you guys think? Do you like their at home coffees?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly do not like Starbucks. I don't even care for their stores very much. I feel like they are running a little to much on hype and convenience and not so much on quality and atmosphere and all the other good things that should go along with a great coffee shop. I think their coffee is rather bitter when compared to other coffees of similar price brackets. Actually, I find them more bitter than the organic bulk coffee I buy, which is the least expensive organic one at the store.

In my area there are many, many better independent coffee shops and several excellent small coffee roasters that have far superior flavor and are all organic. I do not even know if Starbucks is using organic now, I have not gone there in so long. Independent coffee shops also tend to have friendlier employees and more relaxed atmosphere than Starbucks.

3. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the Starbucks K cups I've picked up in the past, but truthfully they don't match the quality of the brews you get in store. I'm not a hipster, so I don't sit around independent coffee shops, but I do love a good PSL this time of year. I haven't been able to replicate that at home.

4. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I like starbucks and the bitter dark roast that they have available. It is quite a task to be able to order anything else other than a simple cup of coffee. Sometimes, I will order a caramel Frappe and that's about as complicated as my order can get. I also find the Dunkin Donuts coffee to be slightly more tolerable on the taste buds for a new customer. It may not be a smooth as other choices, but the coffee at starbucks is quite good, but really over priced.

I've been using instant coffee for a while now - it sucks.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I'll go to Starbucks if I'm out and there's nothing else around. I don't make a habit out of it though. I don't really enjoy flavored drinks so I'll get a black coffee or tea. I have tried their home coffee and haven't been very impressed either. For the cost you can find better beans. I prefer to buy Peet's as far as big coffee chains go.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Stabucks, but I'm not a coffee drinker. My favorite drink is their Chai Latte. I'm also a big fan of their ice tea drinks too.

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    To me, all Starbucks coffee tastes over-roasted. The bag coffee may not taste as good as the store to me because my coffee maker is a cheap one. But, it may also be because of the time between grinding and the sale from the shelf. I think it costs about the same amount to buy directly from Starbucks and have them grind the coffee. But, there are many better coffees out there and I'm sure your local coffeehouse has plenty of options.

8. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I like Starbucks for a lot of reasons. One, they treat their employees really well. My brother worked there while he was in med school and has nothing but praise for them. Two, fair trade coffee. Three, I'm a stockholder and they made me a decent amount of money. I haven't actually tried their take home products.

I saw a show the other day where they did a blind taste test. They put the cheapest grocery store coffee, your regular coffee house coffee, and the most expensive coffee in the world ($75 a cup!!!!) out and people could not tell them apart. I think it is almost completely a matter of personal preference.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Starbucks is fine if you prefer the darker roasts, but you have few options if you want something lighter. They've got a lot of great drinks in store, and you'll usually get decent service with sometimes good music. Their home-based products are still good, but you won't be able to recreate the quality you'll find in stores. I have no problem paying five bucks for a Starbucks drink, but I'll pay three bucks at McDonald's for something similar, too, or $1 on a cup of coffee wherever.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I like Starbucks... just like though. :) My favorite is Dunkin Donuts. I feel Starbucks is just way over priced and not really worth it. I went with my daughter a few days ago and bought 2 pumpkin spice lattes and it cost over $10! YIKES!!! I think it's the whole atmosphere thing with them not necessarily the coffee. I have purchased Starbucks to bring home but wasn't that impressed. Again overpriced and not a ton different than most other coffees.
    I think I will stick to Dunkin and then at least be able to afford college for my kiddos... ha, ha !!

Danyel :)

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I like Starbucks, but I generally don't drink coffee very much at all. I enjoy it, but I also don't want to get to a point where I'm dependent on a cup of coffee to wake up.

And the issue for me with Starbucks products, even the ones you take home, is the price. It's not a big deal if you have it every once in awhile for the budget, but spending $4-5 on coffee is just too much for me. While the coffee is generally pretty good, I feel like you're paying more for the brand than the actual product.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not like Starbucks coffee, it is too expensive, I find the coffee to be very bitter and too strong. The last time I had a cup of Starbucks coffee I had to put about 4 raw sugars and 4 white sugars to make the taste pleasant to me. I just can not justify paying $2 for a cup of coffee when I can get a whole can of coffee for $8 and make it at home and drink coffe for a month.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow...there are a lot of different opinions about Starbucks! Lol, who knew. I think a lot of you are right though, the costs aren't very good and the atmosphere at a lot of other places is better.

14. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not like Starbuck coffees. It is something that I have never liked in Starbucks. I find the coffee's too overpriced, and very strong. I love the cuffs, but the only ones which are mild. I prefer to have local coffee that ases much better than this and also costs less. I think many people refrain from taking Starbucks coffees due to its high price. However, I enjoy going to Starbucks on a discount day.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like the drinks they make, and I've taken some of their ground coffee home and tried it but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell it apart from most other high end brands. I much prefer their cold drinks, since I've been drinking coffee for so long that I've actually grown tired of it so I stick to mostly cold drinks that are more like milk shakes than coffee whenever I go there.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I completely agree with this. I'm glad to find another Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan. :D I've always preferred it to Starbucks. Just the aroma blows Starbucks away if you ask me. We don't even have a Dunkin' Donuts restaurant near us, but I can get the coffee. People even get if for me as a gift, because they know I love it so much.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never go to Starbucks, simply because their coffee doesn't appeal to me, and also because I don't like supporting multinational corporations.
    I usually have coffee in small, independent cafes where they sell certified, organic coffee from third world countries. There are certain small companies who have programs where coffee farmers receive a percentage of the price of every bag of coffee that is sold overseas. I like to be involved in such enterprises.

18. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Thier coffee is almost like those tetra pack I can buy from grocery stores but then just because some of my friends wanted to use the free wifi connection and stay there for almost half a day, they avail their coffee and cookies. They don't even drink it to last for hours.

19. jocaoliveira

jocaoliveiraNew Member

Threads:
    Well I don't like them.To me these starbucks guys are just gold hunters on every corner starbucks open a new store.
    Starbucks is just marketing with op prices and they make bad coffee,not the real natural coffee and of course they offer poorly salaries to it's workers.

20. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Starbucks too especially their world renowned mocca frappuccino. Yes, it's a bit pricey but I always go there when I have enough money in my pocket. Also, if I order something, I make sure it's not a glamorized version of a drink you can just buy anytime at grocery stores or local coffee shops for a fraction of the Starbucks price tag.