Starbucks coffees?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JessiFox • Sep 26, 2014.

1. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Starbucks is pretty much a coffee service to sell products many stores already carry; I guess, it's simply more convenient for people to buy Starbucks coffee, than make it themselves. Personally, I dislike Starbucks and most coffee places, I rather buy my own and brew myself. The only reason I would ever get serviced coffee, is if its free or I'm on a road trip.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on the price issue! Starbucks prices could be a tad bit cheaper for me to go there and buy their products more often. I don't go as much because of the prices. But I love them! You are right, I'm not the biggest fan of their home stuff. The only thing I ever got from them was Keurig k-cups, and although they are not more expensive than other k-cups, they aren't anything extraordinary. I find them pretty standard to be honest, they are not even my favorites for Keurig! I have other favorites.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I love Starbucks coffee. I go there as much as I can afford it. Love the free wifi service and the overall atmosphere of their stores. Oh, and the coffee is good. If you get regular coffee it's not that expensive. A tad cheaper than McDonalds at around 2 bucks. The speciality coffees are a bit expensive but I think they are a bit better than competing stores such as Dunkin Donuts. Definitely a big fan of Starbucks.

4. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    Starbucks is OK but Costa is much better in my opinion. The prices are better and they have a wider range of drinks. They aren't all coffee based. Some are smoothies etc. Costa add extra flours like cinnamon if you ask and it tastes much better in my opinion. I have a Tassimo Machine and it's very good for Coffee like Costa.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Costa around here, as far as I know. How much cheaper are they than Starbucks. If Starbucks keep rising their prices, they may lose some of their loyal customer base. It seems like every time I go there the prices have changed. They may have such loyalty that it doesn't hurt them, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting...I don't know if we have a Costa but I'll definitely look into it. Starbucks prices have been ridiculous for a long time but they just keep getting worse :( definitely frustrated with that nonsense.

7. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I love Starbucks! Right now I am enjoying their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I even bought the one you can make yourself from Target. I thought it was very good too.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like Starbucks as a brand or their coffee. I know lots of people do, but it's not for me. I find the coffee dreadful and so expensive, some people have their favorites, but I like pure espresso and theirs is not good. To me if you can't do a decent espresso, you can't do coffee. It's a place for people to hang out cheaply and people who drink Starbucks don't know what real coffee is IMHO.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually think that Starbucks coffee could definitely be a cheaper. And not just a little bit cheaper either. The prices are ridiculous, and the coffee - or whatever you end up ordering in the end - really isn't worth the daylight robbery. I can count the number of times that I have been to Starbucks on my hands, and each time I was expecting for the thing that I ordered to be nice - or at least worth the price that I paid for it. But nope.

10. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    They are totally overrated. Just because something is expensive it doesn't automatically mean that it is high quality too. They have ridiculous high prices and they do not deliver always what we pay for, I'd rather drink a coffee made at home than there.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I could never go to Starbucks, it would make me sick to pay so much money for a coffee, something that I know I can easily make at home for a tenth of the cost at Starbucks.
    At a regular coffee shop I might indulge a bit, but Starbucks is just too overpriced for me.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only reason that I would ever spend money at a Starbucks again is to try some of their more unconventional drinks? Like banana iced latte and all of that. Stuff that I wouldn't know how to make in the comfort of my own home. But as for normal everyday coffee, and or cappucinos and such, I think that I can make them much better than Starbucks, and on the plus I don't have to pay an extortionate amount of money. But you know people. We see a big brand and they instantly want to feel like a part of the in crowd, so they will go along with it, no matter how poor the coffee is.

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been going to Dunkin Donuts more and more often for my coffee fix. Their coffee is of pretty high quality. I think it's comparable to Starbucks in a lot of ways, and is just a tad bit cheaper, though not a big difference. I don't get to Starbucks as often as I would like to because they are usually very busy in my area despite the high prices. It doesn't seem like the continuing rising prices at Starbucks are having much of an effect on their business.

14. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I love going to Starbucks for their coffee such as Chestnut Macchiato. I do not afraid of bitterness. Chestnut Macchiato is sweet enough for me. I do not know about others but I do not like drinks being too sweet. I know people like adding sugar to hot lemon tea or milk tea but I am fine with no sugar in my drinks. It is true the hot lemon tea without sugar is a bit sour and bitter but I do not think it is undrinkable.

My friend like Caramel Macchiato but I have not tried it yet. I'm afraid that it will be too sweet for me.

15. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of the atmosphere that they're able to create in their shops, particularly as I occasionally work from them. That's the main selling point for me. Given that I'm not a coffee drinker I'm happy to settle for the (cheaper) mint teas they have on offer.

16. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Well, that is a nice point of view, but I bet there are other coffee shops where you can find the same atmosphere, or even better. I think that it's just the fact that not too much people can afford starbucks, and you'll be around many "classy" people there.

17. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    If there is a starbucks where I am at the time and there is not line.....I love it. But, that being said, if I had to walk a block to go to Starbucks or make my own coffee I would choose to make my own coffee. It's kind of hard going to Starbucks in your underwear.

18. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks, but I have to admit that their coffees taste good. I love their Java Chip flavor. Anyway, I haven't tried to buy a coffee bean pack to take home, so I can't really tell if they're good or not. But overall, Starbucks is okay for me. They're not the best (I think their products costs way too much,) but they're still pretty good.