Starbucks Refreshers...EWW...

Discussion in Product Reviews started by abbywillow • Jun 8, 2012.

1. abbywillow

abbywillowNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, there is a coupon for buy one get one free, but these are just gross drinks! They are highly carbonated and taste like Alka Selster, I tried the orange-y one and I didn't like it one bit! They are made with green (uncooked) coffee beans and are the whole new thing in caffeinated beverages, but my word- you can't get beyond the burning in your mouth to enjoy the 'diet' tasting flavor. Plus, at around $2 a pop and no real enjoyment, it's a waste of time and money. Try them if you want to, but Starbucks should stick to their regular beverages, not the fruity ones.:mad:

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree. Most of Starbucks has went downhill. My local place cannot even make drinks right anymore.

3. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up! I have been trying to make my own coffee and avoid starbucks, because I've got a weakness for java chip frappacinos. From your description, the refreshers don't sound refreshing at all.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Starbucks makes coffee, and they really should just stick to that. I don't go to smoothie hut for coffee and I don't go to Starbucks for fruity crap.

5. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Don't tell me they tried to make a Coffee like Soda?!
    Good lord that sounds disgusting.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of Starbucks Refreshers before. They really sound like they are pretty gross! I am not a big Starbucks fan anyways. The coffee was always way too strong for my liking and I can't see paying that much money for a cup of coffee that I don't like. I'll pass on the Refreshers, too!

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of them before either... and I can't imagine whose idea it was to come up with a coffee soda. Gross. Just gross.

I think I'll stick to the regular coffee, thanks.

8. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad you mentioned this. I was debating trying these the other day. I usually get the coffees, especially the canned coffees. The Refreshers looked good, but I stuck with my usual drinks.

Looks like my gut instant was right on the money!

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't ever recall Starbucks advertising these Refreshers. I think I vaguely remember seeing them at a local Starbucks. But I'm going to avoid them now. Starbucks should just stick to their coffee.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I haven't seen these annouced yet but then again I've been avoiding Starbucks since its a spendature I do not need at the moment and I have also been cut off from caffeine. However, I will make sure not to purchase these when I am no longer pregnant - Coffee is a perfect caffeine solution for me. Thanks for the heads up

11. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    These are nasty! I have tried them and the only thing it refreshed was my sink when I poured it down the drain. They were so bad I could never drink it again.

12. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of the refreshers before, but now that you explained what they are they do not sound good at all. I've not a Starbucks drinker anyways. I've always wanted to go try one of their drinks but heard that they are terribly expensive.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried the Starbucks refresher yesterday during their free promotion. The taste wasn't bad. In fact, I liked it. It a nice summertime drink. My main issue with the drink was that it had too much sugar. It gave me a slight headache. If the had a sugar free version I would definitely buy it on a hot day. The very berry version had free blueberries in the drink.

14. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of these drinks either, but then I haven't been into a Starbucks in months. It's addictive but oh so expensive. Thanks for letting us know though. I'll pass this information on to my family and friends who do go there.

15. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Oh dear. Uncooked coffee beans? I had a coupon for one a couple of months ago but the store was out of them. Sounds like I didn't miss anything. Now I know not to spend my money on them in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

16. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    You hit the nail on the head. Why some businesses wander into other fields that don't suit them is beyond me. It works for some who can sell multiple beverages/items and get away with it, but others fail. Starbucks failed and should back down gracefully instead of forcing this crap on the majority of the public who don't want it. They go there for one thing, so cater for it and keep your fingers out of other peoples pies.

17. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I work at a Starbucks, and I'm sad to say... I completely agree with you. Refreshers have never been good. Apparently they are trying to be as "raw" as possible. Especially with their new drinks that they are trying to bring out to public: Evolutions. They are terrible.

It's not entirely uncooked coffee beans, it's just extracted. The shiny part of the bean is what they use for the drink's caffeine. I do agree that they should stick to their coffee and teas. It's what I enjoy most.