Start planning your Fall Planting now

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Gussie • Sep 2, 2012.

1. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    As the season shifts to cooler weather (thank goodness!), trees and shrubs will start to show up on sale. Garden shops don't like to overwinter them, and they're not attractive in winter. But it is the best time to plant trees and shrubs.

Fruit trees are always nice, but they can be a little demanding for fertilizer and spraying, or will reward the squirrels with small misshapen fruit. But there are so many great shade or ornamental trees out there, and tons of shrubs for every spot... Think about your landscape, and maybe you would like a tree for an accent or a row of shrubs to block out the neighbors... Time is coming up soon!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, it is a great time to get good prices on trees and shrubs at really good prices. I found a really good deal on a Japaneese Maple tree that I bought for less than half the price that it was in the spring. Right now, my yard is pretty much done the way we wanted it. I'll be working on getting it ready for the winter and snow next. Fall has definately arrived where I live.