Steam - For those that enjoy Computer Games / Have children who do.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vxacid • Apr 18, 2012.

1. vxacid

vxacidNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a person who plays computer games a lot. And, of course, video games are not cheap. New ones can cost you up to sixty dollars upon release. However, you have the option of digital delivery! Steampowered.com, a popular gaming community and online store, allows you to download computer games right onto your computer! They have a deal every day, bigger deals on Wednesday and weekends, and MASSIVE deals during the the beginning of the summer and end of the year! Furthermore, the company that owns it (Valve) is a very generous company. It's been known to support charity and send merchandise to fans for free! If you know anyone who enjoys computer games, refer them to this site, they will save a lot.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love Steam. I end up buying indie bundles that work through Steam, too, and they're the same way with being super cheap and donating to charity. It's nice to have something that tracks all the achievements and whatnot, too.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have had Steam for years because my son loves to play The Orange Box games on it. He absolutely loves Gary's Mod. He also plays Team Fortress 2 with his friends.

4. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I love Steam too, I think it's the best way to buy computer games.
    I always check the daily deals, they are great! Sometimes you can get up to 75% OFF.
    I've bought 2 computer games since I registered, but I also have free-to-play games installed.

5. Ronald Ramos

Ronald RamosNew Member

Threads:
    I love the deals you get on Steam. You can get games for very low prices with the support of Valve behind it. Installation is also hassle free since Steam does everything for you.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have looked at how Steam works and I like their style. I have even got a few of their games which I won in a contest. However I haven't bought any of their games yet because I play only one game which is WoW.

7. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first I have heard of steampowered.com. My younger brother is into gaming, so I am eager to share this site with him and my mother. I am sure she will be grateful since he always trying to drag her out to the store for a new game. The price of video games any more is crazy!! Does anyone else remember the days when we would walk into a store and see a Nintendo game for $20-25 and your parents say "maybe another day that game is too expensive." and now our kids are playing games that start at $50 for the cheap games!

8. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Steam is great! They constantly have lots of 50% off deals! There are a lot of free games too. They must be making a killing off of this. Selling games for half the price and getting twice as many buyers than the average gamestop. The support is great too!

9. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    Steam also has probably one of the best communities out there, too. It's so easy to make new internet friends on there, and effortlessly create new events to play games with eachother. As nice as the concept of DRM-Free games is, Steam's DRM is definately okay in my book.

10. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. There are actually many sites that offer cheap games that you can also get for your pc or other related product. I think that buying a video game the old fashioned way is absolutely a waste of money these days and you should always check what you can do and also other offers available.

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a Steam user as well, and I have to say I absolutely love it. Most of my PC games are from Steam, and it's always great to find deals on games.

12. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this site before! Now that I have found out about it, I will definitely have to get to visit the site. Without this I never would buy a new video game anymore!

13. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I use steam for almost all of my gaming... I'd probably buy Battlefield 3 if it were on Steam, lol. I mostly use it for Call of Duty, that's really the only game I play.
    Steam does have really good deals though. I remember when there was a free Modern Warfare 3 weekend... Ah, so many hackers :c

14. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. Installing games through Steam is the easiest way to do it, and the deals are just amazing!

In my opinion, Steam IS the best gaming community. I think it's almost a social network made for gamers.

15. car1323

car1323New Member

Threads:
    I'm the odd one out here. I do not use Steam. I buy my games from the local computer game store. I don't usually use my credit card online unless I have to. I suppose I'm missing out a lot here eh?