Steam sales

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Livvy • Jul 6, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    So if you're a gaming fiend, you probably already know about Steam and its frequent sales every few months. The next one is around Halloween I think for anyone who doesn't know.

However something you might not have thought of before is saving up for Steam sales, and leaving off buying games at all until then. Considering how frequent the sales are, you wouldn't even have to wait all that long between the release of most games until you could get it at quite the discount.

So do any of you ever consider holding off on buying a game until you can get it in the sales for a discount? Considering how much many of us end up buying in the Steam sales, it's not like we wouldn't have enough games to play in the mean time.

2. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I buy more games the day they come out than any time afterwards. I know I could wait and save some money, but it isn't worth it to me.

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Rarely do I feel compelled to buy a game in general. The exception recently was Divinity Original Sin.

That said, games like Torchlight 2 or Terraria came were on sale on Steam the other day. It was like $1.99 for Terraria and $4.99 for Torchlight -- both a steal at that price. While they aren't the best games out there in terms of my tastes, they were worth the entertainment value at those prices for me and the lady. All in all though, I don't really wait for sales as I only pick up games I probably had in the corner of my mind and ultimately forgot.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    So do you just not usually play games then?

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I pretty much always do this.

I rarely have a game any more than grabs my attention so I don't mind waiting until the next sale comes along.

6. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I'm too busy trying to finish the games I bought off the Summer Steam Sale to even consider buying more before the next big sale! XD

But seriously. I am a frugal buyer, so I do not buy anything (even games) unless I see a sale in the future for the item. For instance, I just finished THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 1 that I bought off the Summer Steam Sale. I really, REALLY want to buy SEASON 2 now. However, I know the last 2 episodes aren't even finished yet, and I might as well wait to see if it goes on sale later this year. Until then, I use my wishlist and update it constantly.... waiting until the day Steam has a massive sale again...

BRB gotta go play some Outlast now that I bought... on Steam... on sale.