Stephen King

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Libragirl67 • Apr 12, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I am a huge Stephen King fan. I have read several of his books. For those of you who love the spooky or macabre. What is your favorite Stephen King book?

2. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have read a fair number of King novels, including most but not all of the
    big titles, such as Salem's Lot, The Stand, The Shining, It, and a number of his short stories too. Basically I have stuck with King's horror writing and not so much with him when he went into other areas. Never tried Cujo or Carrie for example. Recent ones I enjoyed includes The Mist and From a Buick 8.
    Personal favorites Salem's Lot, It, The Stand.
    Ryder13

#2Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really was a fan of Stephen King. His writing style never really intrigued me or enticed me. I love reading horror but I never found his works interesting. However, I truly liked Gerald's Game. It was not scary by any means but it was so brutal. King was able to use words in such a way that you would feel the things that you are reading. It was such a horrifying read.

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Gotta say in passing I understand some writers just do not click with some readers but generally horror fiction fans who don't like King, well it is a short list.
    I am also a fan of Lovecraft. So what horror writers are on your favorites list?
    Ryder13

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I have never read any of Stephen King's books. My brother though was a huge fan of his writing in the past and read many of his different novels. I have however seen some of the movies and mini-series based on his work. I know these no doubt aren't as good as their source material, but I have enjoyed these none the less. By the way apparently Stephen King has another one of his novels becoming a TV series on CBS called "The Doom." You might be interested in checking out, I think I may do so.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    He also has a new novel coming out that is sort of a sequel to The Shining, with the
    young boy psychic from The Shining as an adult and the hero of the novel.
    And then he has another one coming too, concerning or built around a carnival or a amusement park. Titles are Dr. Sleep and Joyland.
    Ryder13

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't read many of Stephen King's books. I'm more of a science fiction fan than horror. I have read a few of his books though. My favorite novel of his was "The Dead Zone". It was better than the movie and I loved the movie. Martin Sheen was batsh*t crazy. The Stand was also good. It's my second favorite.

8. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    I haven't read on Stephan King's the first book I am about to read is The Needful Things and I don't have any idea how it is going to be. :( Have anyone read it?

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Steven King's best books are those he wrote baaaaaack in the days he was starting out as a novelist. I liked The Shining, Salem's Lot and some book he wrote under a pseudonym. However once he was swimming in money, King lost his touch and what he's best at these days is criticizing novelists who are not so good but want to get the same recognition he got. I hear his son is also an author. . .apparently writing these days has got nothing to do with talent.

10. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Stephen King!!! So many awesome books. Gerald's Game is also my favorite. And Pet Sematary. And Carrie. And Misery. OOOOooooh I love Stephen King!! Did he also write Apt Pupil? That was awesome!
    Stephen King has such a great way of writing. So realistic, and scary, and messes with your head.

11. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to start The Dark Tower series as I'm a huge fan of "big adventure" series, how good is and would you guys recommend it?

12. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    Ive read some of Stephen King's books (The shining, Cell, The Green Mile, Gerald's Game just to name a few) and have really enjoyed pretty much all of them. I love the way he writes, and his stories always manage to surprise me in some way or another. Does anybody have any other Stephen King books that they would recommend reading? Because I would love to read more of them but don't know where to start as there are so many!

13. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    The thing with King is that he is such a large body of work that it has classics side by side with absolutely terrible works. Whenever King hits it, it goes out of the park. The Shining, Dark Tower series, most of his short stories, Green Mile etc are all awesome.

14. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never actually read his books but seen a number of his movies. That man I have to say is a tad creepy in person ( saw him on "the view") and he just seems like if he wasn't writing books he's been a killing spree or something lol... but he writes good books. His movie "shinning" in the end when we see a picture of the main character in an old photo hanging in the hotel, was that suppose to let us know that the main character was like reincarnated? Was weird. Glad the wife got away...

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Sleeping Beauties is one of his best write up and I really enjoyed reading that piece of copy. I have tried reading it twice or more time simply just because of how interesting the book is. If you haven't read it just yet, I would really that you do so since you already noted that you are great fan of his works. So therefore, I'm quite sure that you would definitely love the book.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Lot of interesting stories he has written in past. For example IT is one of the good writing. And it turned into series on TV. Also there is movie adaption as well. Another good story is from the Mist. He seems to have written some really good movies in the process. So on that I'd say he is master of thriller and horror.

17. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I have only read a few of Stephen King's books and my favorite among them is Carrie, I even liked Cujo, it is just too macabre and almost ghostly. I want to read It now as I have been reading a lot about it since the movie based on the book is just released. I saw the trailer and I think the movie too lives up to the expectations of what Stephen King fans might be having.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    One of my favourites was Carrie with Misery coming a close second. I'm not sure I've ever read a book by Stephen King that I didn't like. I'm a huge horror fan and started my addiction with his books. The films were good too although obviously they miss out a lot of detail in the movies.