Sticking to One Brand

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by vida_llevares • Dec 8, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Hi.

When you buy your makeup, do you just stick to one brand alone?

2. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I generally use one brand for awhile. When seasons change or my hormones act up, I know it's time to make a change to a lighter or heavier product. I also like to try out new products from time to time. When I find something is working, I stick with it.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I usually use the same brand. Merle Norman saved my skin about 20 years ago, so I am almost afraid to try something else. It costs a little more but I like the way it looks and feels.

4. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    While I'm not a female, it seems as though every single female I know sticks to the same brand. Makes sense because there's so many brands out there that it's probably best to stick with what works.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly stick to the same brand. I have overly sensitive skin, and what I use now doesn't cause breakouts or any other problems. I will try different types of mascara and lip gloss. Those aren't going to cause me any skin problems.

6. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Nope! I generally go with whatever's cheapest in the kinds I want because make-up doesn't matter too much to me. I don't even wear it on a daily basis, so I'd rather spend that extra money on almost anything else. The only thing I'm really picky about is the fact that I dislike liquid eyeliner.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I'm all over the place. I use Maybellie, Loreal, Revlon and MAC. It really depends on product. I don't like to buy cheap lipstick or mascara. Those of the two things I will be scrimp on. Eyeliner and eyebrow pencils can be cheap.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. I don't wear makeup daily, so I buy the cheapo drugstore brands, or the cheapo internet brands like E.L.F. and NYX. Makeup usually expires before I have a chance to use it up, so I'd rather not waste money on it.

9. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I can not stick to one brand alone for all the make-up products simply because there's one brand that has a great mascara, some other brand that has good foundation and so on. But I do tend to stick to the same brand when it comes to one specific make-up product. For instance I really love Revlon's color stay foundation and I would like to stick to it. But I'm open to new brands. I always try the testers to see if there's anything better and cheaper out there.

10. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I try products from different brands and from there choose what products best suits my complexion and skin type. I'm not really particular with what brand whats important is the product itself.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I could ever stand to use only one brand of makeup! I like experimenting way to much for that. I have my favorite brands - MAC, Tarte, Benefit, Revlon - but I'm always buying stuff from mixed brands. I always try different stuff, which is a bit risky for me since I'm pretty allergic, but as I'm always finding new makeup favorites whenever I try new products, I'm always excited to try new things. That being said, I rarely steer away from well known brands. I will usually purchase from Sephora, MAC and the drugstore, and I rarely buy from brands that are not in those stores.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Same here! I use a bunch of different brands, although I can't scrimp on the eyeliner because my eyes are rather sensitive and I put eyeliner directly on my waterline. I do tend to scrimp on mascara, though, because I found one from E.L.F. that I really like!