Still Buy Movies and Music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Tribie • Sep 13, 2013.

1. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    With all the free downloads online, does anybody still bother to actually buy movies and music online? I know buying is the right thing to do. I often copy movies and music from my friend who takes pains to download them from torrents. I on the other hand don't have the patience for this whether I paid for them or not. There are many who have a tight budget, it will never be justified but all people need entertainment. Life is hard and a free movie or some songs could provide a little fun and entertainment to many people who do not have much money and are living hard lives. Do you still have a budget for buying movies and music?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't bother on buying movies and music especially with all these free sites and what not for music and movies.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    If I had more money, I might....on principle it is the right thing to do. But long story short, no, I don't generally.

4. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, you guys really get it for free.
    I am still buying movies and music but I do look for the cheapest price out there.
    I only get free music and movies when my friends give me some copies.
    I tried getting music from free downloading sites before but all I get was crappy surveys which even stole credits from my phone.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom buy movies and music now. To be honest, I can't remember the last time when I purchased a DVD movie. Since I have discovered torrent sites, my movie and music purchases decreased. Lol. I know it's illegal but I can't help myself. Anyway, my torrent downloads have decreased too because I'm now wary when it comes to the malware attached to the different files on torrent sites. I just copy movie and music files from my friends. If I like the artist, I purchase their album. If I like a movie, I go to the cinemas.

6. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, I don't do it much these days. I still try to because I want to support people like I'd want them to support me if I worked hard on something for several months. They're starting to make it so hard though. It's like you work your butt off for all your money and who wants to pay $20 for a dvd or whatever else when there are so many other ways to get exactly what you want without it costing you a penny! I really think if they want people to buy and support that they need to start trying to bring something else to the table. Heck! Throw us some movie coupons every once in a while. :eek: A 15% off on my next album would be nice..... something.... anything. I'd love it if there were more deals in that industry. I'm all about a good deal!:rolleyes:

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes still buy movies and music, but I'm on a tight budget now and don't really buy any fun stuff. I do believe in supporting the artists by paying for music and movies,
    I just don't have much money at this time, so I just watch things on Youtube. I don't download things, I just watch them online.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate piracy and any + all forms of file-sharing so, downloading movies isn't an option for me. I never watch a movie more than once so I don't see myself buying a DVD and trying to sell it once I'm done watching it. To avoid all that I rent my movies. They come cheaper that way and I don't get to keep any;)

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I purchased a movie or music in some form. I download all of the films I watch for free or I watch my brother's DVD's. I have nostalgia for the good old days when we used to go to Blockbuster to rent a film at the weekend.

10. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I rarely buy movies and music. Sometimes I will buy a movie off of youtube for under five dollars. I give youtube an A plus for their movie service quality and price. I also buy movies on netflix via the eight dollar flat rate for movies that are streamed each month. I do not buy music that often. I tend to listen to music on youtube for free. If I really love a band then I'll support them by buying their album.

11. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I still buy movies but not music anymore. I love collecting my favourite movies on Blu Ray still mostly because I like to watch all the bonus features that come along with it. I've stopped buying music for a very long time and just get them off of the internet like most people nowadays.

Going back to buying movies though, I typically only buy movies on the one's I've already seen in the theatres and end up loving. I rarely buy a movie in the store without having seeing it first. That way I know I won't be wasting money on a movie I'll end up hating.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I like collecting cd's of my fave artists, if I had lots of spare money, then for sure I would buy cd's and dvd's because of their bonus content. But right now, that's not the case, so I'm content with just downloading them for free.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really watch movies that much or listen to new music enough to have to buy them. These days I just watch whatever's free on Youtube, especially because I dislike downloading things because I don't like having to wait. So no, I don't really pay for entertainment these days besides the electricity costs.

14. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I do still but a lot of music and movies but almost always used from an exchange. There are certain movies, especially, that are (for a lack of a better term) comfort movies that I feel better owning a hard copy of.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Free downloads aren't always the best file quality. I would prefer to own a movie or some music on a CD or DVD where I know the file integrity will hold up better over time. I often find great deals on the stuff that I like on Amazon via the new or used page.

16. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    Great point, Chanell. I use Amazon quite a bit as well for CD's and DVD's. And exchanges like Bookman's or Hastings.

17. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    Why the hell would you pay for movies and music. We pay enough for internet access, we might as well milk it.

18. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    It's been years since I bought a movie or music. I just watch movies online or in cinema. You can find almost everything here in the net. There are free websites that shows movies and music.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy music, but only from small labels and independent bands. I don't need to give the huge labels my money, since it rarely benefits the artist themselves and I'm just funding another drivel of the likes of new albums of Katy Perry or some other ""artist"".

20. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Nope - you can good quality files for free so why not? I'm listening to a great remix for free.99 and I'm okay with that. Also I don't really watch movies anymore so there is that.