Still Buy Movies and Music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Tribie • Sep 13, 2013.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a movie in a long time. My daughter is 16 and she likes to buy DVDs.
    As for music, I buy one song at a time off of iTunes. I don't do pirated music. I also don't care to have a bunch of music. My kids have a lot, I get it from them!

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    In my case I completely stopped buying music but when it comes to movies I just can't help but buy some of my favorite ones. I am absolutely in love with films such as the notebook, inception, the great Gatsby so having a collection of my favorites is just something that makes me smile so I can't say no to purchasing it.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I paid for a movie (not including going to the movies) or a tv show... I'll watch them online always. As for music, the rare times I pay is when the song is not found somewhere like Spotify or Deezer, where you can listen to music legally for free. The only downside is that every once in a while music stops and you need to listen to a 30 second commercial. But that beats paying per song, for sure!

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what kind of music or music do I really like. Otherwise, I do not usually buy CDs and DVDs unless I absolutely love the movies and music. However, I sometimes buy the digital versions of music and movies, which are cheaper and more convenient to just shop them online.

5. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever pay for music or movies. There are too many free sites and it is too easy to access them. Not to mention my tight budget. I don't have a lot of money to spend on them.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no qualms about downloading.. don't get me started on these industries!!! LOL. Haven't purchased a movie or music in ages.

7. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    i rarely buy music movies OR games anymore.

Now that services like netflix Spotify and Pandora are around, i can listen to near anything i want extremely conveniently. I can watch movies almost instantly very conveniently.

Steam has done this to the gaming side of things. I used to pirate games, i thought they were too much for what they offered. It was wrong i know but it is what it is. Now with all the steam sales and digital distribution, i havent pirated a single game since my pc has been built

8. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I still buy music (even LPs) because I like to support the artist and their label (Mostly indie music)
    For movies I just use Netflix. Most of the movies I watch are old so I can almost almost always find them on Netflix. If I want to watch a recent movie I just go a a cheap theater near me.

9. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I still buy movies and music. I like having a physical copy of all my music and movies. I don't mind downloads, but a physical backup is also good to have.

10. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I like to go to the pawn shops and buy blue rays and DVD movies. They are cheap and are in good shape. Usually I find the older movies that I have had on VHS and cannot watch anymore. There will be sales on certain days allowing me to get them for as low as $1.50 each. I buy movies the day they are released on DVD or Blue ray due to the fact that they usually go up in price the next week and sometimes a few days after. I cannot afford to go to the movies with my family because it costs so much, so we buy movies, lounge in front of our 60 inch flat screen and eat the traditional items like nachos, pizza, popcorn and drinks. All of this for a low price, saving us $200 per movie. There are 5 of us.

11. LaWaughn

LaWaughnNew Member

Threads:
    I watch movies on Netflix and Hulu. I have a subscription to both streaming services. The monthly cost is still cheaper than taking my daughter to see just one movie.

12. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is the main reason why movie stores went out of business. Blockbuster shut down a few years ago because no one was really renting out their movies so they were losing money. I prefer to download my movies but I would pay for a movie that is a classic or I know that I would see it over and over again.

13. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I can't recall the last time I bought music or a movie because everything is available for free online these days, so it's really pointless to buy it, it's a waste of money. Sure, there are copyrights, but I think the main thing is that stuff should not be available just one click away, is it really our fault?

14. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    With our limited budget, buying movies and music isn't really in my list of top priorities. But I regularly download the TV series that I follow. I don't have the budget to buy for it so I have to have the patience to download them.