Still On Saving . . .

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Feb 23, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To save a substantial amount of money when shopping for clothes, it's advisable to buy clothes which will complement your existing wardrobe. Saves you the need to replace everything at one go. For example, when buying clothes you could choose to buy only tops that would go along with "bottoms" you already have.

Any more simple ways one can save money on clothing?

2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Overall, it's also good to know when to buy the expensive stuff and when to save your money. Tops like shirts for men and women don't have to be pricey, they just have to have a nice design that suits your overall look. Jeans and other pants are typically good investments if you decide to buy the expensive ones, because they can be worn for much longer than shirts. A pair of good jeans will last you a lifetime. Also, skip on buying pre-made suits and save up for a tailored one. Even a relatively inexpensive tailored suit can look expensive and classy if it fits perfectly to your proportions.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have been looking up these type of pinterest and it is called Minimelist living. I love it because I'm very bad at it and now that I'm older I'm really trying to get my act together. I love a good deal and I have never been good at knowing what looks on me so you can just put those two traits together and imagine what my wardrobe looks like half the time. So I'm really trying to look at my wardrobe before shopping and think about what I like and what I need.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My biggest tip for saving money on clothes shopping is not to buy anything that is too trendy and will be out of style next year. There is nothing worse than buying a piece and then feeling foolish wearing it later when it has gone out of style. Always look for classic pieces that you will be able to wear for a few seasons and leave the trendy clothes shopping to the young kids who have nothing better to spend their money on.

I also like to buy pieces that work well with other pieces and that can be mixed and matched. You can buy 7 different peices and end up with 14 possible outfit combinations. This is the biggest money saver because you get more options with less clothes.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm planning to buy, but if I'm just buying shirts or something I would hit up thrift stores first. It's definitely a hit or a miss but I think that's part of the excitement! And of course it would be easier to comb through everything knowing that whatever you look for will DEFINITELY be in your price range.

For everything else I would go to a department store with a list in hand and knowing exactly what I want and what I need. I'll often grab the item but spend a while mulling over on whether I want to buy it or not.

6. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    One way I have saved money on clothing is buying seasonal items during the previous season. Winter items such as coats usually go on sale during the summer. Be careful with this though, because you can grow a lot during seasons. I have saved a good amount of money doing this.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that one thing I do is that I will tend to pay more for a good pair of slacks in a certain color, skirts the same thing. But when it comes to tops, sweaters I will actually go to thrift stores or yard sales. Why because as pointed out in the OP various tops can be paired with one set of slacks. So, having a good pair of slacks can be more essential then a good top. For me as long as the top be it slip on, blouse or sweater looks good and goes well to make the outfit it doesn't really matter how much it cost to buy. To me the slacks or skirts are more important because these are what is worn with different tops.