Still use a CD player?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Mayvin • Jun 24, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a bunch of CD's and still like to use a cd player, the kind attached to a radio or better yet the portable kind. But was in the store a few years back and the had only one left in the back of the store practically collecting dust like nobody uses them anymore. And I guess when you can download alot of music online and put it onto an ipod or your cell phone a CD player is becoming less popular. But I still like to use them. Anyone else like to use portable CD players?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one of those huge CDs players. There's so much hardware connected to it that it would be a waste to not use it to play music. So while it would be a lot more convenient to play music on my PC, I still burn many of the songs I listen to onto CDs and play them extremely loud on my CD player. I think most people who still have those old CD players still use them occasionally.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have an external CD player for my laptop that I got from years ago. It's still working very well but I hardly use it nowadays. I still like to keep it and even though I want to sell it, I don't think I'll make a good money off of it or if there will be someone who wants to buy it.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have a CD player anymore besides the ones on a few of my laptops, but even those I've almost never used and I'm not even sure if they still work. I do still have a good number of CDs from my old collection, though, but they aren't that many and I mostly just keep them in the garage and they are just collecting dust. Now that I'm reminded of it, however, I think I'd want to buy one at some point just so I could feel all nostalgic about my CDs again and feel what I used to listen to my music back then again now. I just wish I could still buy them brand new as I assume I'd probably have to settle for a second hand one if I'm to buy one in the future.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I have a five disc changer in my Frankenstein'd together stereo rig. I have a bunch of CDs that I don't think I'll ever get rid of. That said, however, I've been listening to them less and less ever since I've gotten a Spotify Premium subscription. Sure, there's a loss of fidelity, but for the price of one new CD a month I can listen to pretty much whatever I want. And wherever I want. It's to the point where if I'm in a car I'll pull an album up on Spotify before putting a CD in nearly every time. Even ones I already own.

6. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Once in awhile I'll throw an old CD in the player in the car on a long drive. Otherwise I haven't used a CD in years..

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the only CD player I have is in my car and I use it mostly to listen to audio CDs for my kids, with stories, which they love. I used to have a DVD player at home, but that got broken too, so I don't use CDs at all these days, all in the TV or the computer, CDs are no longer part of my day-to-day. :)

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes I do! In my garden shed that I turned into a home gym I have a Hi-Fi that has a turntable, CD player, twin tape deck (remember them?) and a radio built into it and I play CDs whenever I workout or when I in the garden. I have loads of CDs from my days when I ran an unsigned internet radio station and I would say that at least half of them have not even been opened yet as I received so many of them.

Edit: Hi-Fi is not recognised in the spellchecker I use, that has made me very sad. :(

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a CD player built into a stereo tower that has a radio and also an old-fashioned record player on top of it. I love it. I collect CD's and records that are hard to get these days. I love the art work and the fact that I can read all the lyrics whenever I want. And there is so much more to my collection. Memories, and also there is a record or CD for every occasion, every mood. It's very healing for me.

10. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used the CD player in a long time but I still have CDs. This certain cars that I go into that don't have the proper equipment to transmit audio via phones or a transmitter of some sort and so I have to use CDs. A few days ago was actually mentioning to one of my friends that I struggle burning CDs because it's something that I haven't done in over 10 years on a consistent basis. I only have about two CDs containing music and if I do have other CDs they are really a backup of information or software or other things such as data. The way technology has changed it is much more convenient to have all of your music on your iPods or your phones or some sort of media card CDs are a thing of the past to be honest.

11. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I still play CDs on my computer. That is the only Cd player that I still have left. I love CD movies.

12. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    I use a CD player in my car. Otherwise when I listen to music, I'm listening to my mp3 collection through my computer. Or, if I'm traveling I do have a Creative Zen Vision W player which holds my entire mp3 collection as well as a number of movies. The Vision W never really caught on too much with the general public (I'm the only one I know of who has one), but it's a great little device. I'm funny with my music as I may have a decent-sized CD collection at home, yet some of the songs on the CD I like to keep handy (on the computer copied over as an mp3) and others I only listen to at certain times through the CD itself. I remember having one of those portable CD-players (in the same vein as a walk-man) back in the day, but now that everything has gone digital (and I have that Creative player), there's no need for it.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do rarely. I have music cds and because of the limited memory of the mp3 computers and of my laptop, I just can't have all the music of the cds be transferred to them, so I would have to play the cds themselves, so yes I still do. But I think that soon, I won't not be needing to use them probably when I have much memory or when I have my new external hard drive. But still, cds would still be my forever reference.