Stock

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by cashmoneybil • Apr 23, 2012.

1. cashmoneybil

cashmoneybilNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone invest in stocks? Have any hot tips? I was lucky enough to buy a few shares of Apple Stock at $88 a share and now they are worth over $600. Google is supposed to be splitting their stock which usually means it has more potential to rise. It is easier to sell a stock at $300 then it is at $600! I have also been trying my hand at Penny Stocks but feel I have just been more lucky then good here. I've been watching SNPK which has been on the rise lately. It had a minor set back but then bounce right back up. Facebook is also supposed to become publicly traded in the next few months. Any thoughts?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Penny stocks scare me, to tell the truth. I don't know how day traders do what they do. I feel like it's way too risky for me to get into. But I know people who've made a killing doing it...

3. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    Wow you are very lucky for buying at that price. I remember when the Apple stock was at 333 over a year ago. It's going up pretty fast.

I haven't invested in stocks as yet but I really want to. I need to start learning some good techniques so when I start I can be successful.

4. Guardian

GuardianNew Member

Threads:
    I've lost quite a bit of money on penny stocks. They do well for a while, but then tanks and end up getting de-listed. I am sick of that risk so I no longer invest in them. My favorites stocks now are stocks that pay dividends. You invest, and whether the price goes up or down you still get paid as an investor. Now, if a stock doesn't pay dividends, I do not invest.

Good luck with your investments!

5. themdno

themdnoNew Member

Threads:
    I've started investing, but I don't really have any tips yet. I've bought a few shares of a company, and it has risen, but I'm not ready to sell yet. I also bought some penny stocks, and they haven't moved whatsoever since I bought them. I guess that's better than them just falling, but I'm getting impatient.

6. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    I've been looking into investing for some time now but theres so many ways to do it I just can't confidently invest in anything! I suppose at first it is going to be very risky but eventually I might be able to get the hang of it. It is just getting that initial confidence boost to invest in something!

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Investing in stocks can be very scary. I think you should educate yourself as much as possible about the stocks your interested in purchasing. The best stock I've ever invested in was Jazz Pharmaceuticals, I bought a number of shares when the stock hit rock bottom a few years ago and its approx. $54 a share now. I normally stay away from penny stocks.

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I want been studying about doing stock exchange, I want to try it too. I'm still hesitant up to now. I just signed in to etoro. I been doing the practice mode. I'm trying to get used with how it works. I admit I'm still a newbie and still learning up to this moment.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes you are very lucky to get Apple stocks at that price. I'm also interested in buying penny stocks too but I need to do a lot of research before I do that. Yes people have made a lot of money from penny stocks, but some have lost a lot so I need to be careful about what I'm doing.