Stocking Up

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Oct 29, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Toilet paper and tissues are on sale and my mother freaks out, we buy as many as we can and we stock up on them. How many of you take advantage of some deals and stock up on the items? I think it's a great way to save money. You cannot believe the deals we had going back-to-school shopping 3 years ago; we had papers for 15 cents a piece (200 pages hilroy) and we haven't run out of paper since!

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a stockpile! I stock up if things are free/cheap. Right now I have lots of shampoo/conditioner. Also cereal, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, noodles. Soups.
    I think it's smart to do, you save money that way.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have any stockpiles of supplies. Number one, I have no room to store them. Number two, those items usually go on sale many times throughout the month. I am not worried about finding them on sale. Number three, there are only 3 people in my household, and we don't go through tons of t.p. to make it worth buying in bulk quantities.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do love stockpiling and there are some things that we never seem to run out of because we stocked up, but right now we're trying to use up all the canned goods because I'm looking at apartments to rent and don't want to deal with moving food. Besides, eating what we have on hand will save us money. There's actually a lot of recipes on Pinterest that use pantry items.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do this with certain things not all things. When it comes to toilet paper I will grab an extra one or two not to many tho. The other day the store had sale where hamburger helper was on sale for 50 cents a piece and the big boxes of things like the fettuce alfredo was 80 cents this was a great deal being as they are usually 2 to 3 bucks a piece so I def stalked up on those.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I agree 100% with you, it IS smart. :D I forgot about free items. My school is downtown and so there was a day that people were giving out free deodorant samples (they were the travel size). I had to walk past them a couple of times to get to class and each time, they would give me 2 samples (for men and women). At the end of the day I ended up with 8, 6 for women and 2 for men. I still have them today and it was free! :D

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a pretty good sale. I only stock up on certain things as well, mostly things that are atleast 50% off; if they're 80% off, then of course I would stock up on those. I know that there are some people that stock up on things like crazy and they have it all in their basement, so they go "shopping" in their homes.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy groceries since my other family members do it. The only items that I noticed them stocking are canned goods and tissue paper.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it's healthy practice to do so, especially for items that aren't perishable anyway, and especially when you are going to end up using that product a lot. I personally try to do this with anything, including clothing, but I do it a lot more for paper towels as I do tend to run through those very quickly.

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That is so funny! There are a lot of people who are like that; they have enough tp stockpiled to get them through 6 months if needed, lol. I don't have the kind of storage space to allow me to do that. It's nice to be able to take advantage of deals and sales and even better when you combine them with coupons, but I basically just get what I need for a few days to a week.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband loves stocking up on paper towel and toilet paper. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's stockpiling.. but it feels like every time he leaves he comes back with it lol. We go through paper towel like crazy though.. so wasteful, I know.

12. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    That's a really good idea. I would love to stack up but I suck at catching deals and using coupons. I am going to try to do a better job of catching sales. It is definitely worth stacking up.