Stop drinking coke!!!!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rocky • Apr 13, 2013.

1. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Coke is a popular drink. But it's not difficult for me to give up coke. Actually i seldom drink it, as i really don't like the taste.

2. bargainhunter

bargainhunterMember

Threads:
    If I have a raging thirst and somebody is selling ice cold coke (or pepsi!) then I'll have some. Other than that, its not really a drink of choice for me. Must admit the constant bombardment of ads does my head in too.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I know a girl who claims she dropped about twenty or thirty pounds by cutting soda out of her diet. With all the sugar content that's in these sodas, I believe it.

I'd like to get my husband off soda as well, but I feel like it will be a long, slow process.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I know that sodas could be really bad for our health but I think that article is a bit over the top. I have been drinking Coke over the years and indeed if that write is all real, I would've been dead a long time ago! But definitely, I agree that drinking coke would only harm our bodies.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been trying to avoid drinking diet coke for about a year now, since I had some prior issues with seizures, and some speculate the aspartame has something to do with it. I've been seizure free for about a year and a half now, not sure if that has anything to do with it directly, or some other changes I made to my lifestyle, but I suppose every little bit helps.

As for the part about it dissolving metal, I think they went into more detail on this on Snopes, but the article is exaggerating things a bit.

6. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I never drink Coke or similar beverages anyway. They are very expensive and often filled with sugar. Even though the "diet" versions might not contain the same quantities of sugar, they are still packed with other additives. Furthermore, they are very expensive. Even the generic supermarket brands of soft drinks are relatively costly.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    With all those risks, why is it that no government in the world has stopped its production? I think the facts are a bit exaggerated. I must agree that it is not advisable to drink soft drinks more often but natural juice can be an alternative.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The OP needs to learn people skills.
    The tone of the post makes it sound like we are being ordered not to drink Coke.
    I hate being told what to do. I was already drinking a Coke while reading this and now I'm going to refill it and savor it.

I wonder if one of the competing beverage companies, ,like Pepsi, is hiring shills to join forums and tell the members not to drink Coke.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like most soft drinks so I think I'm pretty safe. I do like Vanilla Coke like I said in the other thread but that's a rare occasion especially since most stores don't sell it anyway. If I'm being bad and eating pizza (which is once or twice a week but no more than that) I'll drink Dr Pepper but I've only recently started that. I try to stay away from caffeinated drinks as much as I can. What I do drink a lot is Sprite. It's a clear soda with no caffeine so I think it's safer but I also drink as much water as I can too. Sprite is not the healthiest drink because I know it has sugar (esp when I have GERD but I think dairy bothers my condition more than the soda..its weird) but I do believe if I stopped doing something just because it risks my health or claims its a risk, I wouldn't be living much of a life especially when I'm a hypochondriac as it is. They say you only live once so enjoy as much of life as you can. It's all about moderation and unless you're doing something really risky like smoking/drinking, I don't see the problem.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Once I discovered that coke, and all soft drinks, promotes your chances for pancreatic cancer-which is one of the most serious cancers, I was convinced. Soft drinks wreak havoc on your pancreas's. There are healthy drinks to replace coke. We all can admit that when we drink soft drinks, it burns going down. It is just that surrounding the burn is a blast of sweet flavor. Anyone who drinks them should at least begin cutting back on the amount you drink, until you can stop.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Omg, the burn! I haven't had a coke/pepsi etc etc in many years until a month or so ago. I haven't had any sort of refined sugars or soft drinks or garbage foods at all and I decided to have some to see if it was anything like I remember. I knew it would be awful, because once you're clean, everything changes, but MAN, I was not expecting the burn! I remembered how it did "burn" a little when I was drinking it all the time back in the day.. but this was beyond that lol. It hurt! Ugh, it was awful.. I can't believe I was ever used to that.. or the sickening sweetness.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Out of curiosity, I will try to dissolve my nails using Coke. If it didn't dissolve, then the article is false, lol. Anyway, I do like drinking soda, but I'm not addicted to it at all. I only occasionally buy it. So that's a good thing, right? It really has no nutritional value, so you're better off spending your money on other things or products.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really doubt it has serious risks to your health unless you drink litres of it every day. Then, yeah, obviously that's not good, but I don't think anyone needs to be told that. But if you drink a can or a bottle now and then, I really doubt it can do anything to you, outside of giving you more sugar than recommended for the day.

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I was a bit of a heavy Coke drinker before, but after finding out how harmful it is for our health, I have decided to stick to juices, iced tea, and water. No more Coke for me. Whenever I want a soda, I would just buy Sprite or Mountain Dew.

15. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    Hey enough with the Coke hating. It's not up to you what or which product they want to put in their bodies. They have lives of their own and are entitled to choices. Live and let live partner. The choice is not up to you, if you want to go vegan or want to swear off gluten, we didn't force you with that choice. Good day bro!

16. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of any type of soda at all. Some of it tastes quite nice at first but I'm always left with that furry mouth and that sticky feeling that makes me want to go wash my hands and brush my teeth straight away.

Also, I'm basically too cheap to pay out for cold drinks when tap water is available for free.

17. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I think the main problem with Coke is that once you have it, you just cannot stop. When you learn to give it up, the journey to not drinking it will be easier. I remember a phase where I got addicted to it. When I drink it, I get a certain feeling of high and satisfaction. Good thing I was able to get out of that phase. Now, I rarely drink Coke. Only when there is no other option. But given a choice, I would choose water everytime.

18. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me but this is a looooong issue a long time ago when the email was kinda new in this part of the world in the year 2001. That Coke can remove rust, etc. And if Coke is bad then why do people patronize it? Why does Coke remain number 1 all the time? I guess the competitor should be more creative in their smear campaign since people didn't bite that anti-Coke item.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't read the article, but I'd like to remind everyone that people still smoke and we all know what it can do to us. Just because the majority do something harmful, does NOT make it healthy.. that's just odd lol. Drink it all you want, but lets not pretend we don't have a clue so we can justify our habits. It's delicious, addictive and you're going to drink it whether anyone likes it or not.. we get it lol. But it's extremely unhealthy.. you know this.

20. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree. When I was younger, my dad used to bring home a 2-liter almost every day. One day my mom decided to stop that practice, and we were forced to drink water instead. It was hard at first because the water felt so tasteless and bland. But a few weeks in, I realized that I felt a lot better and healthier. I didn't miss soda. My dad had a harder time kicking the habit, though. He would buy Cokes and hide them throughout the house. He's gotten better, though. He only drinks soda at fast food restaurants, but I always drink water.