Stop drinking coke!!!!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rocky • Apr 13, 2013.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very, very rarely drink coke. In fact, I seldom drink fizzy drinks. I took that stance many years ago, and I'm still going strong LOL Once in a blue moon I'll have a small glass, but that's it.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You think it's a competitor's smear campaign? That's factually incorrect. These kinds of things apply to ALL soft drinks with carbonation in them. They're corrosive to the point that they can work to remove dirt and grime from surfaces. People shouldn't be anti-Coke; they should be anti-soft drinks on a regular basis. The point is that soda is incredibly unhealthy, all of them. There's no such thing as a healthy can of soda, but most people know that already. It's an indulgence.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this information. I remember when I was a kid, drinking soda burnt my nose, and throat. With age the fizz doesn't phase me. That is how I know it is bad for me. I only drink coke on rare occasions, but I know I shouldn't drink it at all.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I agree too much coke can be bad for you, just as alot of other drinks and food can be. I have heard alot of people talking about how coke has all these bad things in it that eats away at your insides. While, I don't doubt it has no nutritional value, I still like drinking coke. I have been drinking coke everyday since I was a small child, I am now 57 and I still drink coke, not as much as I used to, but I do still drink it. I also drink water and other drinks. I guess what my point is here is that if coke was that harmful, I think I would of seen some kiind of signs by now. I have had no problems with drinking coke and I think some of the things that are being said are a little out of context. If it were really that bad, I think it would of been taken off the market a long time ago.

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Me and my husband used to drink lots of coke but since 3 years we have stopped. It was hard at first because I missed the taste. Back then, we did not know much about all these side effects that we know now. But I do not regret it instead I drink Sprite or ice tea.
    We might not see the negative effects but in the long run it will certainly show.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very rarely drink coke, anyway. I used to drink a lot of fizz and found the taste of water awful. But I decided to cut right back on fizz and up my water intake. Once in a while I do crave some fizz, but I don't always go for coke. One of my favourites is Ginger Beer. The only time I sometimes opt for coke is when I'm using it as a mixer, which isn't all that often.

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I love Coca Cola. At least I don't diet sodas. They are said to be even worse. I guess Coke is my one an only vice. Even at that, I only drink one or less a day.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't think i can quit drinking coke or sodas for that matter. Despite hearing all the horror stories and negative side effects of soda consumption, i really can't cut it off my life, i can however cut back on my intake and that's basically what i do, but i gave up the idea that i can stop drinking it altogether, that's probably not going to happen.

9. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    You make a very important point.
    I stopped buying soda for my home a long time ago, but I will still have it when I go out to eat or to the movie theater, maybe once a week or less. Sometimes I need the sugar rush of energy and sometimes I like the flavor combination of a sugary soda and a greasy burger. Terrible, I know, but I'm trying to do it in moderation and luckily I haven't had any problems with my teeth so far.

What terrifies me though is parents giving their children multiple cans of soda per day, or keeping the value packs in their homes. This is so terrible for a young one's health.