Stoppage Of Galaxy Note 7 Production

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nakitakona • Oct 12, 2016.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung, the company that produced Galaxy Note 7 has announced that there would be no production of this controversial GN7. Samsung has received several complaints of the danger that the phone has. The sudden explosion of the battery pack was the common complaint. With that incident, the airlines have prohibited the passenger to carry GN7 while on board.

What do you think? Could Samsung control the mass production of GN7?

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this problem about GN7s. They do explode and I heard they recalled a lot of these phones. And about the manufacturing, I guess they have full control over it. The only production that they will not have any control over are the clone producers.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like to commend this action by the company stopping the Galaxy note 7 due to battery malfunction. The customer has the absolute right to feel safe with their phones. I can't imagine how ugly the scene of a battery explosion would look like. I hope they record huge success recalling the already circulated products.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that there's any doubt that Samsung have done the right thing regarding this device. If it wasn't safe, and it wasn't, then they had no option but to kill it no matter how much money they are going to lose. They have come out and said they are looking a making a 1.9 billion dollar loss on the device which is a serious amount in anybodies books so I have no doubt that there is going to be a huge investigation into just how a device got so far into production that it was on the shelves and being sold before they found out it was unsafe.

Samsung have done the right thing by the consumers and so they should be commended, I just wouldn't want to work for the company that was in charge of manufacturing the batteries, or have anything to do with the testing and development side of things as I'm sure they aren't going to be treated as fairly, and rightly so!

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I would not be surprised if the units that malfunctioned were clones. But since they were legit Samsung phones, it really is a big problem for the company. And as you said, It's kind of alarming how they got to mass produce the phones and yet have such problems. Software or slight hardware problems are not such a big deal. But exploding phones will really cause a lot of profit loss for Samsung.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Well the figure quoted of 1.9 billion as now changed to a whole loss of 4.9 billion so the story gets worse for Samsung. One big winner in all this you would have thought would be Apple, but when you look at it, it's only the one device of Samsung's that's causing the problem so it might not have an as devastating impact as what people think overall.

If it was the Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE or a model such as that then I do think that Samsung could find themselves in a whole world of trouble, but the NOTE...I think they might have just about got away with it.