Store brand soda?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AB91000 • Apr 17, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Do you buy store brand soda?

I do, and i think it is a great deal deal. Store brand Soda cost half the price of name brands like, Coke, and Pepsi. And they offer comparable taste. Of course they are not going to be the same quality as name brands, but they are close enough. In my opinion at least.

The trick is to find a flavor that you really, like or think taste the best. That way you will not feel like you are missing out n any thing.

Do you guys drink store brand soda?

2. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I love diet rite Freshy soda! This stuff is super cheap at Winn Dixie and tastes just like Fresca. I also like the diet rite grape soda. I've found that their colas and caffeinated drinks are not so good tasting, though. I usually buy the name brand Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Dr. Pepper or Dr. Pepper Ten, which is one of the new hybrid diet sodas that contains a bit of sugar to improve the taste.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, I don't personally.

I don't really buy soda in general, though, and I can tell a difference myself. In terms of price, though, if I buy soda that I like on sale, I just go with a 2-liter bottle instead of buying small bottles or cans. A 2-liter of name brand on sale is still only a dollar or two, which is within the same bracket of generic brand prices, too.

4. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    Pepsi and/or Coke are always on sale at the store I shop at. The 2 liters are usually 99 cents. The store brands are just about the same, or exactly, the same price. However, we don't have a problem with store brand pop.

5. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I have to disagree.

The prices are not at all the same. Especially if you shop at Walmart. Their 2 liter soda's cost 69 cent a piece. Which is a great deal, and i never pass it up. That price is 50% of what name brands cost. Ill take a little loss in taste, for 50% savings any day.

It is even better now that they have added more flavors.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I just bought 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew for 4 for $5 ($1.25 each) and the offbrand that was right next to it was $.99 for the same size.

So yes, it was cheaper, but the $.26 difference for me wasn't going to make a big enough difference.

Now I'll admit that when I've tried buying sodas like Coke Zero and in 12 packs instead of 2 liters, the price varies a lot more!

But for me personally, for the occasional 2 liter, the price difference is very nominal.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I love to buy store sodas because their cheaper and when having family events its always a sell on them and you will have more than enough to go around. I like the price and now their making the boxes bigger with more cans so for a family reunion or any event they save you a bunch of money.

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't dirnk soda anymore, but when I did I generally preferred store brand. It's actually probably one of the only things where I actually would opt for the store brand over a name brand even if money was no issue. I'm not sure why but Coca Cola just didn't do it for me, whereas Tesco diet cola did.