Store Brand Yogurts

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ke Gordon • Aug 28, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you buy store brand yogurts? OUr local grocery store here has a brand that is pretty good. I buy it because it is affordable..and sometimes has electronic store coupons with it. The most recent coupon was .35 off of 3 which was good because it was essentially like buy two get one free.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly buy store brand yogurt because it's much cheaper and to be honest I didn't notice a difference between it and the more expensive yogurts. The store however never offers discounts. They, I'm certain, believe that since it's cheaper more people will buy their yogurt.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem with store brand yogurts! I actually sometimes really enjoy them. I will usually get store brand yogurts if I'm throwing it on a mixer with some fruits to make a smoothie! It tastes just as good as a regular yogurt! Also, usually store brands get their recipe for products from a well known brand, even the packaging is similar. I don't have a problem buying store brand products overall.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As the majority of store brand yogurts generally contain a whole load of extra additives - such as sweeteners, fillers, thickeners, preservatives along with artificial colors and flavors - this is one food item where I will always buy a named brand.

In fact - although somewhat restricted in that I can only eat natural Greek yogurt made from pure sheep's milk - even if I could eat other kinds of yogurt - as I haven't yet come across any store brand yogurt that only contains natural ingredients - I would much rather pay a few cents more for a totally natural branded product - just for the assurance that what I'm paying for is actually going to be beneficial to my health.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mix it up because I like different types. As long as it's creamy, not "low fat, low sugar", I'll have it. The creamier the better for me. Admittedly, I do buy branded ones more than store brands. I honestly believe that branded ones are generally better in taste, at least according to my taste buds LOL

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried several store brand yogurts, but never purchased a second time. I found all of them to be low quality, excessively sweet, and never even offering one I really wanted in the first place. My first choice for yogurt is ALWAYS whole milk plain. I am a whole foods person, none of this removing the fat that naturally occurs in the milk, that makes it unbalanced, and tasteless. I don't think there is any nutritional reason to bother eating store brand yogurts because you are just eating a load of sugar with not enough to balance it.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite type of yogurt is Greek style. Problem is, our local brands do not make delicious tasting ones. I tend to buy the more expensive brand as it tastes better. I cannot fathom the taste of plain yogurt so I always go for Greek yogurt.

8. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my preferred brand of yogurts. I know it can be a little more expensive, but I find that the taste of yogurt can really vary by brand. So, I like to stick to what I know. I'm not into any of the low fat sugar free stuff. I'm pretty simple and stick to Greek yogurt.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Store brands are often, but not always, comparable to the name brands, especially when it comes to foods. I prefer my name brand Greek yogurts to the store alternatives, but I'm not that picky. I'm willing to spend the extra 20 cents or whatever it is to get the brand I prefer, but I won't hesitate to grab the store brand if they're out of what I would otherwise buy. Now, other types of products are often different in quality when it comes to store and brand names.