Store or online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Earthmama1 • Mar 2, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    Would you rather buy personally from a store because you get to actually see the clothing and try it on. Or would you rather buy online because everyone knows online always has great deals no store does.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Much as you may find clothing cheaper online, I've heard so many 'sad tales' about shoppers buying clothing online only to realize that they're not getting exactly what they expected. Sometimes the sizes may not be an exact fit, or the clothing may not be of the quality you expected, etc., etc., so to avoid all that I think it's best to get your clothing from a store.

3. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online, no matter how practical, time saving and effortless it is. As much as I want to lavish with the advantages of online clothes shopping I still can't bring myself to buy a particular garment without
    being sure if it fits me perfectly and feeling the texture of the textile.

4. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Well, the only practical option is to go where you get a better deal. If in store is cheaper, why not?

5. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    i will prefer to buy personally from a store because i can actually try the clothes on and see if it fits me, by so doing i will be able to buy exactly what i want i.e my size and not just any cloth.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer buying in store. It allows me to make sure the quality of the clothes is alright, and let's me make sure that they actually fit! There is nothing more aggravating than ordering a shirt off line, only to get it delivered and find out it's too small. You have to go through all the hassle of shipping it back or reordering. It's just a pain and takes too much time. Also, I hate paying for shipping on anything!

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently got into shopping online and I don't consider one being that much better than the other, personally. With online shopping, it does seem to be a bit more convenient, but having to wait for the product to arrive as opposed to taking it home with you once you've purchased it is a big difference to me when it comes to the fun of buying a product. Also, you'd presumably be paying a bit more for it since you'd be paying for the shipping charges as well, which is arguably the same amount you'd pay for gas and parking anyway, but again, I find it more fun to browse around and purchase from physical stores so the difference really isn't that much for me. The only thing I like about online shopping is that I get a lot more variety in the options I have, since physical stores are usually limited to what their store space can show you, but online shopping usually entails a bit more diversity in the products.

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Whatever I choose to buy, I prefer to buy them in a store. I just like to be able to see and touch the clothes I'm about to buy. Being there also means that I get to try out the clothe to see if it fits me. Even though it's a lot more convenient to buy online, I don't like to buy clothes blind so to speak.

9. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    If I wasn't so confident with my sizing I'd do all my shopping online. Although most clothes sites have a "Size guide" they very rarely actually are accurate as there is unfortunately just so much differentiation between brands and fabrics.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Both. Sometimes I order online because the prices are great but I also don't mind going to stores and buying clothes from there. So it's about 50-50 for me

11. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably say that I prefer store shopping. When it comes to online shopping, lots of needed to take into consideration, such as having to type in your credit card information and having to deal with shipping. You also can't get the clothes right when you want them.

I prefer buying clothes from stores because I can feel the fabrics and fit it on in the fitting room. It's more physical, and I'm very picky when it comes to shopping, so I can't easily buy something online.

I need to be able to see how it would look on me before I buy it.

12. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Generally tend to buy in a store. As you said, it's much better to try things on and make sure they fit.

I'll sometimes get some t-shirts online in the sales, but that's it.

13. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I only visit stores when I really have time to wander and look at items carefully. I find that shopping online gives you the chance to compare prices easier, to change my mind whenever I want and nobody will try to push products or try to make me buy something that I don;t like. This is what I don't like about regular stores. The staff has sales targets to achieve and they sometimes become too pushy.

14. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online than shopping in stores. I like the variety that you can find online compared to the different types of clothing you would find in a store. The difference is so great in my opinion. Another reason I like shopping online, is because on the brands I like are usually cheaper online.