Store Price Checkers

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ABC123 • Apr 3, 2015.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I think these are one of best things to make current day shopping better. I have been to Target and the tags may not have a price or the item is not on the correct or there isn't a price on the shelf. By taking the item to the nearest price checker, I can the price with ease. I do not have to wait in line and then say I'm not getting to the cashier when I hear the price. it is even helpful when things are on sale and I'm unsure of the discounted price.

2. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I always have to shop with a budget and a list of what I need. Once in a while I see something on clearance and I know I could use it, I usually pick it up but there is no price on it. I am fear of not having enough money, so I must find a price checker before going to the cashier. I think they should install more around the store.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    There have been times when I scanned everything I had in the cart at those things. Just so you know the price. I like them. I've yet to have an issue with them. Accurate pricing as far as I've found. I'm sure situations occur where tags don't match the price it rings up as but that's a problem for a different day.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I love the price checker/scanners. They save time and help us to make sure we are paying the right amount. I think the inclusion of the scanners also helps the store out a lot too; there is no confusion over price, less arguing at check-out, and employees can work more efficiently too.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use them in Target and CVS as they are handy when you're not sure if an item is on sale still. Often the shelf tags are so vague it can be hard to tell which item it applies to, especially when there are multiple colors or varieties. I think it's always good to double check and wish they did them in grocery stores as well.

6. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Our Walmart has these as well, although they are few and far between. I love them too. I wish everyone had them.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree that they're a good idea and I've never had a problem with them at all. BUT...the only times I've used them is when I couldn't find a price or an item hasn't been labeled up correctly so maybe if stores took a bit more care in the displays and made sure prices and tags are visible and up to date, there wouldnt be any need for them?

8. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    No issues have occurred for me when using them. Agreed there could be more around some department stores. It is also great that the stores place signs high above them, so you can look up from where you are and spot their location. Who ever started this idea made a great decision to share it with the stores and public.

9. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    It looks like everybody likes the price checkers. I know I do. I like to have some idea of what I'm spending before I get to the register, and often the price on the shelf or the item is confusing or just can't be found. So much easier to use the price check machine than to try to ask anyone in the store. Especially if that store is walmart.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love price checkers and wish all large stores had them. I hope that someday they become as common and essential in stores as cash registers. I like knowing exactly what an item costs and it's fun when you scan an item and find out it's on sale or clearance.

11. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used a price checked. I understand they're a good convenience to have I just have never felt the need to use them. Most of the time, 99.9% I'd say, the price on the shelf has been correct.

12. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My nearest supermarket has those hand-held scanners with which you scan the bar code of everything you're buying. It makes things a lot easier as it tells you the current price of everything and keeps a running total of how much you've spent. I much prefer using them.