Stores Offering Pay For Feedback.

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Jessika • Jul 2, 2017.

1. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed a few shops now offering to pay customers to go online and give feedback about their shopping experience. Normally this is a competition entry so in practice the chances are a customer won't get anything for their time, but I found that Tescos is giving loyalty points if you're part of their clubcard scheme. They were worth £2.50 when I filled one out. Are there any other stores you know of doing this? It's normally printed on a receipt at the bottom: "Were you happy today please go to (URL) to let us know" or something like that.

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    This is really interesting and thank you for the information. I don't know of others doing this but I often do some shopping at Tescos. I've also seen the message at the bottom of the receipt but have never bothered to go online and do it. I think that a couple of pounds is worthwhile to tell them about my shopping experience.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not really pay, and I'm sorry if that's how you feel but it's 25 points if you fill out a survey. Most companies do this and McDonalds and Burger King give you a code for a £1.99 meal deal. Sorry, I'm not a fan of click and bait headers. The stores offer you loyalty points for a feedback form which isn't the same as paying you.

#3Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed Sorry, but I think the post was misleading. You get 25 points which is worth 25 pence. You can redeem clubcard vouchers in denominations of £2.50, so you need 250 points before you can get a voucher. It also takes quite a while for the points to credit, and sometimes they don't and you can't chase it up either.

#4Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  5. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    My Tesco store was giving out token cards with receipts. If you entered the code from the card with the receipt, and added the cashier's name the survey was worth points to the value of £2.50 (perhaps because you were personalising the feedback?). Doing the survey from the receipt alone was worth a lot less. I take it your store only does the receipts?

Also, they are the only ones I have seen that guarantee something for the survey. The rest are all competitions.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It would be an extremely valid attitude (for both sides :)) if some of them (I'm talking about the companies :confused:) didn't "coerce" the customers to write only positive reviews about the products. Many of that reviews are actually fake. :oops: