Stores Pushing Christmas Before Halloween

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by olorien • Sep 24, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When Hurricane Wilma happened ,there was no power for 2 weeks so everyone basically skipped Halloween because the neighborhoods had no electricity. The stores practically gave the Halloween merchandise away that year and skipped straight to Christmas.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Retail stores hire like crazy during the holidays so I've always been able to take on an extra holiday job and make Christmas happen for my kid somehow.

What happened to you with not being able to afford Christmas for your kid is sad and I'm going to do my best to avoid that fate as long as I am fit and able to work.

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree. Once, I walked into a Costco around late July, and none of the Halloween/fall items were even on sale, but they cleared off a rather large section for Christmas decorations and lights. I get that Christmas is a big event and all, but I'd really like it if stores would actually stick with the proper holidays for the season.

4. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    I don't like it, but they are certainly making money from it. Now-a-days we celebrate Christmas as a retail event. I think a lot of people have forgotten the meaning of Christmas.

5. englerja

englerjaMember

Threads:
    I also agree. Fall is my favorite time of year, I love everything about it. From pumpkins and Halloween, pilgrims and fall scented candles I just love it. It makes me so sad that this amazing time of year is always interrupted by Christmas trees and decorations. I noticed them yesterday while we were in Walmart, a huge section of the store is already devoted to Christmas decorations while there is almost no fall merchandise on the shelves anymore.

6. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    No. Just, no. Wait until after Halloween! There's one more holiday before Christmas, come on people! (Other than thanksgiving, too, but there's not a ton of decorating for that any different than fall decorations, but there would be food sales around that time.)

7. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Yeah, seeing big Christmas trees before Halloween really bugs me. The holiday season isn't even supposed to start until after Thanksgiving! That's why they have the Santa float at the end of the Thanksgiving parade. I wish they would wait, because it really is pointless and just gets on people's nerves. But stores have been doing this for a long time, so I don't think they're stopping any time soon.

8. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    I saw a Target ad yesterday on T.V. talking about early Christmas sales. They had the dog and a Christmas tree with ornaments on it. I was in shock. I guess not as much as the past few years, since every year the market Christmas earlier and earlier.

9. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    Yes, you are right. I was in Walgreens and was amazed at them already not only having Christmas cards on display, but decorations along with the Halloween stuff. Wonder where they will place the Thanksgiving decorations. Giving thanks is not nearly as important as the anticipated buying frenzy of the Christmas season. Although, I'm a sucker. I love Christmas and now is the time to get some really good Christmas bargains. Buy December, I'll be totally finished shopping and just going into the malls for exercise.

10. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Same thing where I am, stores always pushing Christmas way too early. Its because all other holidays of the year will not bring in as much as Christmas, I cant really blame them. It does suck though because Halloween is my favorite holiday and most dont really put much effort into it.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Stores selling Halloween candy in mid September is crazy. I think the only way to preserve such items is keep them in the fridge or freezer. If it's chocolate that is. As for Thanksgiving, I am not sure what Thanksgiving items there are to buy besides food related items. I know some people keep up their Halloween decorations through Thanksgiving. Not me.