Stores With Cheaper Price

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jul 8, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Let's have a fun survey- Let's mention the cheapest groceries stores in your country that offers brands at lower prices or supermarkets offering savings on certain brands. I think it does it make a difference where you live! Here are three supermarket chains I know in Australia and 2 in India.... Lets know about stores in your country!
    Aldi
    Woolworth
    Coles
    India
    Vishal Megamart
    Reliance

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I go to two super markets frequently because their prices are always low. One is ten minutes away from my home so that's where I go to the most. For the other one it takes about 20 minutes in the bus but I go when I order online. Aurrera and Chedraui are their names.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    We have a great store which sells virtually everything except fresh fruit and veg. It's called B & M. I would probably never shop anywhere else if they sold these because their products are so cheap.The other store I shop in is Lidls because I can get so much for my money. These are the two stores I shop in the most.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The main supermarkets in my area of Northeast Tennessee are Food City, Wal-Mart, Food Lion, and Kroger. However, though, there is another one that is supposedly the absolute cheapest, but I forgot the name. Also, some people shop at the Dollar Store and Dollar Tree (smaller stores than the others) for certain groceries and they're widespread here.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a great shopping center "Westfield" which has all the famous shopping chains withing its premises. Once you enter in Westfield, you can buy everything with lots of variety suitable for every budget. The best thing is that this place is only less than 500 meters away from my residence. I am giving you an idea of this place through the link below

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to groceries, funny enough Wal-Mart happens to have more cheap products to sale. It in my opinion would be a good go to place to buy groceries at nearly half the price than you would at a more traditional grocery store.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In our case it's Kmart that offers us the cheapest rates besides Target and BigW. However, there is number of other shops in certain market in our nearby areas where we can get lots of cheaper variety. I would like to mention Parraamta and Flemington areas (within our easy reach) where we can get good deals in most items.

8. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    I've only been to Kmart a few times in the past, as for Target and BigW I for some reason don't look to them as the place to shop for groceries. Mostly due to the fact that they aren't close to my area, but I might look to them in the future.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @NinetyEighty1@NinetyEighty1 Which country do you live in? I live in Australia where all these three stores do not sell any grocery items but only household items which are cheaper compared to most other stores. By the way Kamart sells cheapest of them all so attracts most customers.

10. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    We are pretty limited on grocery stores here in San Antonio. Wal-Mart and HEB are in constant competition. Each store offers
    relatively low prices. At one time, Kroger and Albertson's stores were open, as well as KMart. If I had to choose the one with the absolute lowest prices, it would be HEB. Their dinner combo specials are great!

11. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    I live in the United States. Here at least food and other items are a bit cheaper at Walmart than the grocery store.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree but Walmart does not operate in Australia neither Kmart is anyways related to Walmart. In fact Walmart is spreading in different countries including my home country India. They are constantly opening new branches in India which are offering grocery and other household products on comparatively cheaper rates.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Hawaii...Walmart is cheaper than some sales, for lots of staples like frozen potatoes 2.74 for 2 pounds of frozen french fries and even has steak fries that I love. There are times when supermarkets has 2/$5 2 pounds potatoes like once in every 2 months, so in the mean time Walmart 2.74 suffices. Lots of non food and other food items are a lot cheaper than supermarkets sales too at Walmart, but I like variety, so I check the weekly ads at CVS and Walgreens that supermarkets locally has weekly ads too. Times, Foodland, Safeway supermarkets has weekly sales like CVS and Walgreens locally, with very good prices for ad items.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Actually we get so many flyers and booklets three days per week from almost all the big stores including Woolworth, Coles, Aldi, Kmart, BigW, Myers, JB HI Fi, Norman Harvey etc which cover more than what we would ever need. They offer so many varieties of everything right from grocery to household items and liquor etc which keep us updated and makes it easy to go and pick the need items without much effort from the listed store.

15. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    We do have a supermarket called Kaufland that offer groceries at a cheaper price after a certain hour of the day. Actually, after 9 pm a lot of groceries are at a cheap price, the only disadvantage is that the items are selling too fast and there is not enough for everybody!

16. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    The grocery stores that I have near me and that I frequent are Walmart, Kroger, and Meijer. Cheap grocery stores are Aldi's and Sav-a-lot. I do most of my shopping through Kroger though since they have a fuel rewards program where you save on gas and because my sister works there and I can get her discount of 10% on Kroger brand items. This is really nice when they have Kroger brands on sale and I can get the extra 10% off. We used to have Kmart all around us too but they have closed down all the ones in my area. There is one but it is nearly 20 minutes away and really not worth the time and gas to go there.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)Isn't is so convenient so see what's on sale every week. I like it for we get ads to every week. I can look at the ads to see what I might need. If there isn't anything I need and I'm stocked up for a while, I can stay at home. I like having the ads every week from stores.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I feel like Australians waste so much paper on flyers and paper advertising that the stores distribute printed books to your home paying $25 on hourly basis to trained flyer distributors and not only that but stores offer paid surveys and free samples to attract as many customers as possible.