Story versus Technicalities, which is better?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Rhoda D'ettore • Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    When reading a book, do you look for technical errors? Does it bother you if there are a few typos here and there? I have noticed that in every James Patterson novel I have read, the words "the the" occur. I began to think it was a signature pattern from the editor, similar to a graffiti artist or a serial killer. I personally might notice things out of place or typos, but it does not distract me from the reading unless it is excessive.

How much do you notice grammatical errors or typos? Does the layout of the book make a difference to you (page numbers in a certain place, author and title of the book listed in the headers/footers)?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Typos irk me sometimes. I mean, they are big time publishers. How can they let a typo slip away? And sometimes the headers and footers are annoying, too, especially when the text is too big. I prefer no headers/footers at all.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can occasionally spot a typo in a book I'm reading something that never ceases to surprise me since a horde of editors read the book before it's published. But I never mind the typos since I actually love books whose author's throw the grammar rule book out the window. Such books, like a Gent From Bear Creek, are fun to read.